Finally_Happy
ttc after depo
April 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

So i was one depo for a very long time when i was married. I have a daughter that will be 10 this year and my fiance wants to have one more. but i have been unable to conviece. It has been almost a year. I am menstrating and from that at home tests say I am ovulating. 

What i wanted to know was other peoples personal expierences. how long did it take you? 

Replies

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    April 2, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I hear it can take awhile for bc to get out of your system but I would talk to your dr if your concerned!

• zacmacsmomm
    April 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Generally speaking if you are having menstrual cycles you are ovulating.  I know a few women who have gotten the depo and it took them about a year to concieve.  It could be your fiance, his swimmers might not be swimming properly. It's time to go get the both of you checked.

• enlightened_24
    April 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I was told depo took almost as long to get out as you were on it--I was on it for a yr and was off for a yr when I got preggo but IDK if it works like that for everyone. God, I cant hear the word depo without shivering :( That sh*t is evil. Good luck, and keep trying!! Have you talked to your dr?

• texasmommy125
    April 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM

IDK.  Everytime I tried to get pregnant I counted my peak conception dates and 'played' more with my husband.  But I never used Depo, so I don't know if this applies.

• nurse1997
    April 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I didnt have any problems and neither did my 6 girlfriends we all got preggers  right away good luck doll ;]

• Mbpeaceful12
    April 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    Well, it was a little over two years for me. I was on Depo for years. I read that the more fat one has, the longer it takes to work out of her system. I have LOTS of fat, so..........I also read that the average time for Depo to work out of an average-sized woman is eighteen months and taking steam baths, eating tons of fruits and vegetables, drinking water (the last two we should be all doing anywhere-I am especially including myself), and the list went on to speed up the process. Like someone mentioned earlier, talk to your doctor about your concerns. I wish you and your family the best of luck. Oh, and by the way, expect wacky periods when you decide to stop Depo.
  • Meghan6391
    April 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    Hun take it from me. I lost 2 babies a year after just having one shot. It did so much damage to my insides that i had to have surgery to clean it all up and then was told i couldn't have babies again. Take a good long while before trying again just so you don't lose a baby like i did my 2 angels. My sister was on the shot for 4years and got pregnant right away after quitting it and lost the baby. It has been 4 years and she is just now pregnant with no problems
  • Janet
    by Janet
    April 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    I would get your doctors opinion.
  • Finally_Happy
    April 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Thank you all for the input. 

I have talked to my Dr. she told me it only take 4 months to get it all out of your system but i have read from other peoples personal expierences that is can take up to 18 months. 

The Fiance has been checked his swimmers are fine. 

I am getting SUPER heavy periods which is nuts to me. I havent had a heavy period ever really. and now it is heavy with bad cramps. I havent had bad cramps since i first started my preiod when i was 12. 

I am just going with it as far as ttc. if we do then we o if we dont then i guess it wasnt ment to be. I am just going to relax and let what ever happen happen. The fiance wants another one badly. He wants a girl of his own. He has all boys and I have a girl. He loves her like his own but it isnt the same ys know. Lol. 

Again thank you all for the adivce. 

• igot2crazyboys
    April 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    I was on the depo shot for almost 2 years and about 18 months after I stopped getting it I got pregnant with my son.