mstasha210
Should I give up on birth control?
April 1, 2013 at 8:20 AM

My DH and I have been married for 7 years and have 3 kids.  We want to have a 4th but wanted to wait a little longer while we pay off more bills.  I have been on Depo, Mirena, and NuvaRing since having our last dd 4 years ago.  The problem is that all of the birth control methods we've used have had nasty side effects (extreme depression, dead sex drive, head aches, etc.) which is why I have changed so much.  I am at my wits end with BC and do not want anymore chemicals in my body.  At the same time, we want to wait until we get pregnant again.  Of course there's condoms but they seem like such a hassle.  We've never used condoms in our marriage and I don't think my DH will stick to using them exclusively.  What would you ladies do?  Do you think we should just let it happen if it's meant to be or get on BC even if it's condoms?

Replies

• zacmacsmomm
    April 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Um, I know lots of couple who used condoms, they were pretty damn easy and effective.  You could always try the rhythm method. 

• goddess99
    April 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I would just use condoms.

• DazeDelights
    April 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    Pull out method...if he doesn't pull out then he's ready for baby number 4 lol
  • SlapItHigh
    April 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    I would definitely get off them. Birth control has terrible effects and is immoral. I would use NFP if I wanted to space a pregnancy.
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    April 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I would suck it up and use condoms if BC is not working for you.

• mom4awesomekids
    April 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Use condoms and deal with it..that's what my DH and I do.

• mommadana
    April 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Have you thought about a Diaphram?  It gets fitted to your body and you put spermacide in it.  Yes you have to plan a little and stop what you are doing to get it up there, but it could be forplay for him to place it up there as "readying you".  you just have to keep it in until the alotted time afterwards to kill the little sperms.  No hormones. No procedures.  Just don't dislodge it.

• EmilyG10
    April 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

what about the iud?

• shadow_lark
    April 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM

That's what we are using.  I have given up on bc....even though we dont want anymore children.  Hormonal BC makes me into a crazy person and the hormone free iud didnt agree with me (yea, still paying for that one...) so here we are.  He can worry about it now.  I'm DONE!

• finalyagrlmaybe
    April 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM

use condoms and you could even switch between male and female condoms so he wouldnt thin it was only his responsibility

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN