Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
Do You Think Kids Should Have To Do Homework?
April 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM

7 Reasons Kids Should Be Allowed to Skip Homework

by Mr. Nolan

homeworkEvery day after school I have to do homework, and every day it makes me mad. Homework is a big waste of time, and kids shouldn't have to do it -- especially kids who get good grades already.

Here are seven reasons I think kids should never have to do homework again.

1. Why should you do homework when you learn at school?
  2. Homework tires you out.
  3. If you were doing your homework during a storm, why do your homework if you could be killed?
  4. Grownups sometimes ground you if you mess around while doing it.
  5. TV can be a big distraction. (Especially with an annoying little sibling watching it. It’s not fair that they get to watch it and you don’t.)
  6. Doing homework is a waste of time. You could be playing video games, running around outside, or even reading a book -- but NOT one of you workbooks.
  7. Our brains can only take so much!

Do you think kids should have to do homework?

Replies

• jeweldragons
    April 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    They need to get used to homework now because they'll be having a lot of homework in college.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    April 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    I think they give too much homework. No time for family time is left.
  • pamelakeller
    April 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Yes, I think they need to do homework, as it teaches them what they need to know for life.  Think about this, when they are in elementary school, they start with 1 page of homework, and as each year passes, so does the amount of homework.  Then, in mid-school, they have a lot more homework than they did before (1st - 5th).  This never ends though, high school gives more homework than mid-school, and college gives a lot more homework  than high school.  Seriously, this teaches them the skills that they need to advance through school.

• bqt
    by bqt
    April 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

i think kids need to do homework. hard work and discipline are sadly lacking in modern society and i think homework is a stepping stone in learning and learning responsibility

• MistressMinerva
    April 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Yes

• MommyMarcoux
    April 4, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I do not think schools should assign homework. They go to school to learn. Each child has a unique home life, and some just don't have the time for hours of after school assignments. If a child doesn't finish classwork in time, that should be sent home to be finished for the next day. If a child is getting poor grades, that child should study the subject they are having issues with. Study guides should be available to any student who finds them useful. Required homework is just useless. It lowers the scores of children who know the material but get bored or don't have the time to do the homework, and it raises scores of children who really need more help understanding their assignments but instead end up falling between the cracks because their scores said they understood more than they did. Then again, that is just my view of it.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts