kahlansmommy
WTH????
March 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM

So, open up the mail today (we've been gone for 4 days), Got a bill from a hospital in a larger, neighboring city for $1500. My DH name is on it. It is for DNA testing, SEVERAL times.... He has never been a patient at this hospital, much less our own smaller hospital!! And, I KNOW he has no reasoning to have DNA testing done. We have been happily (lol) married for 15 years.

What a joke is this? And, to top it all off, our last name is very very unusual.

Guess who I am going to be on the phone to tomorrow?  Wish me luck.. YIKES

ETA: Just to remind you that my dh and I have discussed this, and we areboth inaww about it, and so laughing about it. I am sure it is a mistake on either the insurance or hospital. My dh and I are very loyal to each other. No doubt in my mind he is telling me the truth.

OKAY ALL.... IT WASN' T MY DH, IT WAS ME!!! HERE IS THE STORY......

WE HAD A BABY BORN SLEEPING ON 2/21/2013. I SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT I DO NOT NEED TO KNOW THE REASONING FOR THESTILLBIRTH. IT IS WAS IT IS AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO TO CHANGE IT. WELL, THE DOCTOR APPARENTLY STILL ORDERED ALL OF THESE TESTS. I SPOKE WITH A FRIEND OF MINE THAT HAS HAD A STILLBIRTH AND SAID THAT THE TESTING IS GENERALLY NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE, SO WE MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE TESTING. BELIEVE ME I WILL BE TALKING WITH THAT DR ABOUT THE UNNECESSARY TESTING!!! I AM REALLY PISSED!

Replies

• rebeccasmly
    March 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    Yikes! I hope it goes well! Update when you can please!
  • DazeDelights
    March 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    Wow you are taking this well. My mind would be racing....don't get me wrong I trust my dh but all and any possibilities would be going through my mind.
    Maybe it's a dna for some sort of inheritance ...how cool would that be?
  • MJP76
    by MJP76
    March 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Well, was it positive or negative?

• kahlansmommy
    March 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Naaa, I completely trust him, as he does me. I have no thoughts in my mind about anything. I had to give him grief... with that many DNA tests, how many other kids do you have?

• kahlansmommy
    March 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Doesn't say, dang it!

• MamaSnaps
    March 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I am dying to hear what the hospital has to say!

• SlapItHigh
    March 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    That is very strange. I hope you get an answer.
  • SlapItHigh
    March 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    Does it say what the DNA testing is for? I had to have DNA testing to confirm a medical diagnosis...nothing to do with a child or anything. I have a genetic disorder.
  • natalieumphrey
    March 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM

well so why on earth would you be billed for dna tests... they have your unusual name, address ... i hate to be negative but sounds like dna tests were done and there was a reason to bill hubby....... update please

• je80ss
    by je80ss
    March 25, 2013 at 12:40 AM

wow...have you talked to dh about this?????