Featured Posts
Ashley0523
homeschool or public ?
March 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Which one do you do or want to do ? I'm part of a mom group and alot of  the mothers said homeschool, Me personally my children will be going to public I would love to send them to private school but we just dont have the money for that but sending them to public gets them out of the house, be around children and learn in a different enviroment etc:) what do you ladies do ?

Replies

• Knightquester
    March 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

My children choose to homeschool. 

My children get out of the house and do field trips with 20+ other students on a regular basis.  Each week they're in a classroom learning Japanese on Saturdays, they're in a classroom learning Carpentry on Fridays, and doing Chemistry class on Wednesday.  They also hit the tennis courts and play with other student's tennis.  To me a schooling experience doesn't need to be in the house 24/7, and the child doesn't need to be deprived of what learning in a group is either.

My children have a lot of friends that are public, private and homeschooled and of various different backgrounds.  They do their sleepovers and go to their birthday parties and hang out at their houses or go places with their friends.  The only difference that I've noticed between my children and their public schooled friends, is that mine love doing school and learning while many of their friends loath sitting at a desk all day and hate coming home with homework many of them call tedious and boring.

For us Homeschooling works, but I don't think it's something that works for everybody.  My children do state tests and score advanced thus far, they are happy with homeschooling and thriving so I will continue to support their decision.

• splatz
    by splatz
    March 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM

My son is in public school.

• LivinDeadGurl
    March 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Public - I used to homeschool and it just wore me down mentally and emotionally.

• SlapItHigh
    March 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    Sounds awesome.

Quoting Knightquester:

My children choose to homeschool. 

My children get out of the house and do field trips with 20+ other students on a regular basis.  Each week they're in a classroom learning Japanese on Saturdays, they're in a classroom learning Carpentry on Fridays, and doing Chemistry class on Wednesday.  They also hit the tennis courts and play with other student's tennis.  To me a schooling experience doesn't need to be in the house 24/7, and the child doesn't need to be deprived of what learning in a group is either.

My children have a lot of friends that are public, private and homeschooled and of various different backgrounds.  They do their sleepovers and go to their birthday parties and hang out at their houses or go places with their friends.  The only difference that I've noticed between my children and their public schooled friends, is that mine love doing school and learning while many of their friends loath sitting at a desk all day and hate coming home with homework many of them call tedious and boring.

For us Homeschooling works, but I don't think it's something that works for everybody.  My children do state tests and score advanced thus far, they are happy with homeschooling and thriving so I will continue to support their decision.

• Ashley0523
    March 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM

same here ! I wish we could put our kids in private but they are way to expensive

Quoting Emmamomma130:

public, we can't afford private school!

• Ashley0523
    March 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM

yeah I think it would do the same to me honestly. My almost 5 year old starts k5 in august by then my youngest will be almost 2 and were trying for our third so I just dont see how I would have ability to teach him the way I want him to be teached. Plus He seems to be excited about school and I made sure we moved into a house that had a really good school district we have one  district that I WILL NEVER put my children in! I grew up here and my parents even moved out of the county we were in before we started school because of how  bad it was I just cant imagine now what its like.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Public - I used to homeschool and it just wore me down mentally and emotionally.

• thatgirl70
    March 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I tried homeschooling this year, it wasn't for me, so mainly I'm just spending the rest of the school year focusing on his therapies (he goes two days awake, 3 therapy sessions). Next fall I'll enroll him in 1st grade (we're not required to send them to school for Kindergarten and he's more than ready for 1st). Part of my reason for wanting to send him is because he is so lonely being here at home. I always take him out to play with other kids after his therapies, but he does not have any friends, so I think going back to school (he was in PPCD previously) would be best for him.

• Madameileen
    March 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I love public online schools, It has almost the flexibility of a homeschooler and prevides structure.

• Ashley0523
    March 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM

well I bet hes going to love going to school :) My son really doesnt have any freinds either makes me sad because he is such a friendly kid anybody he meets he says thats his best friend lol he goes to awanas at our chuch every wednesday night so he plays with kids his own age and then the kids around our area where we live our all in school so I think getting him into school will help his social skills plus he loves to learn so I hope he loves it

Quoting thatgirl70:

I tried homeschooling this year, it wasn't for me, so mainly I'm just spending the rest of the school year focusing on his therapies (he goes two days awake, 3 therapy sessions). Next fall I'll enroll him in 1st grade (we're not required to send them to school for Kindergarten and he's more than ready for 1st). Part of my reason for wanting to send him is because he is so lonely being here at home. I always take him out to play with other kids after his therapies, but he does not have any friends, so I think going back to school (he was in PPCD previously) would be best for him.

• JasonsMom2007
    March 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    We homeschool through a charter
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts