Featured Posts
Ashley0523
homeschool or public ?
March 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Which one do you do or want to do ? I'm part of a mom group and alot of  the mothers said homeschool, Me personally my children will be going to public I would love to send them to private school but we just dont have the money for that but sending them to public gets them out of the house, be around children and learn in a different enviroment etc:) what do you ladies do ?

Replies

• OliviasMommy611
    April 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    Public
  • momof3jam
    April 3, 2013 at 8:06 AM

My kids go to public school. I'm fine with that, although I'm looking to move to a better district.

I wouldn't homeschool, for my own reasons (not that it's wrong or anything)

• Janet
    by Janet
    April 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    I'm for both home school and public. Mine are currently going to public school.
  • pamelakeller
    April 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I always wanted to Homeschool my boys, but now that I have them, I know that could never be a possibility.  They would listen to a teacher before listening to me (about learning and homework.  Way too much stress). Then my next choice would have been Private School, but that is way too expensive.  So right now they are in Public School, my oldest is in 4th grade, his brother is in 2nd grade, and I have 2 boys who are at home right now.  Next year, we are trying to get my boys in a charter school.   If they all get in, they would be in smaller classes, and have more hands on learning. 

• zacmacsmomm
    April 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Awe, bless her heart.  Is she getting outside turoring? 

Quoting want10more:

public now, trying hard to catch her up. but she's 14, can't read a clock or use a phonebook, doesn't know her multiplication tables. testing out as a 4th grader in math.. yikes! much work to do!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

That really sucks about your daughter.  Is she in a public or private right now?

Quoting want10more:

LOL here we BOTH are w/ opinions pretty much the same and worried we'd offended each other! guess we're ok eh? haha! (but ps: my girlee's charter school just really sucked ass, glad urs was better!)

• want10more
    April 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM

she will this summer. but OH the math teacher is a single fella, so she can't go to the school w/ him alone or be at his house alone. i had this GREAT idea that while he tutored, i could clean his house, then he got a dog, and i'm so allergic. sigh. and my lil girlee is not one to trust. she could say stuff against him, so..... well, it's time to be careful. i guess it must be here, in OUR home. at least i could feed the bachelor eh? heh.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Awe, bless her heart.  Is she getting outside turoring? 

Quoting want10more:

public now, trying hard to catch her up. but she's 14, can't read a clock or use a phonebook, doesn't know her multiplication tables. testing out as a 4th grader in math.. yikes! much work to do!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

That really sucks about your daughter.  Is she in a public or private right now?

Quoting want10more:

LOL here we BOTH are w/ opinions pretty much the same and worried we'd offended each other! guess we're ok eh? haha! (but ps: my girlee's charter school just really sucked ass, glad urs was better!)

• sha_lyn68
    April 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I hate to burst your bubble, but homeschooling doesn't mean locking the kids in the house and keeping them away from children. Why send your kids to one  different environment (a school building) every day? Homeschoolers are out in the world learning in a variety of environments

• honeydewmommy
    April 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM

We do private, I a not a fan of public or homeschool. Public schools here just lost Gov. Funding.  And homeschooling can be a bit antisocial depending on you and your kids.Most private schools have a scholership or work program, where if you work for the school , they offer a special discount. The work can consists of 1-2 days a week.   we currently pay about 7 grand a year for private. Its worth it. He gets tutor time, they work very closely with the kids. They have strict rules. An Antibully system, I really like it. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN