Schpanks
Anyone else having this issue?
March 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I have always been very thin and still have had body image issues. But after having my DD almost a year ago, I've gained more weight than I ever have. We've been going though a lot and had to give up our apartment when our DD was 3 months and have been living with family ever since. I am forced to take care of my DH's 3 younger siblings. ( the youngest is 3) I have been forced into the nanny and maid roles. No one else does anything really even though there are usually two other adults here full time (the kids father and grandmother). So, it's taken a toll on me since the kids have no boundries and do not respect anyone. 

Anyways, (sorry about the rant, just wanting to give insight to the situation) I see other friends who had babies and seemed to immediately lose the weight, while I blew up like a balloon. It hurts to look in the mirror and feel disgusting. It makes me want to crawl into a hole. I had a problem with anorexia in high school so I'm trying to balance a good diet with the stuff people buy but since my DH's crappy paycheck goes to bills, diapers and formula, we can't afford food very often so I have to work with what's bought. I'm glad we have food, it's just hard to loose weight with such fatty foods. And my DH's grandmother lets me know just how fat I've gotten with comments like 'oh, maybe you should start trying to manage your weight problem.' I go walking when I can, I play and dance with my DD and youngest SIL and I've cut back on how much I eat and  cut out sodas. So far I lost 5 lbs ib the past month and I know that's a good start but I still feel like crap. Is anyone having or did anyone have this problem? 

Replies

• DazeDelights
    March 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    Im sorry you feel that way. It's a terrible feeling when you're not happy with your body. I have no advice because I like being fat ( by most standards) but I know drinking lots of water helps and try cutting down on the carbs.
  • goddess99
    March 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Sorry you're going through all that. Hope things get better on every level soon. My dh and I were just talking the other day that when we grocery shop we always spend alot less when our cart is full of healthy foods vs junk/processed food. See if maybe you could take over the grocery list and be one of the people to go shopping.

• Janet
    by Janet
    March 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    I have cut out sweets and pop and I am losing weight.
  • MJP76
    by MJP76
    March 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM

With both of my boys it took a while. A little over a year with my first, and then with my second boy, I gained about 80 lbs because of bedrest. That took me amost 3 years to get off, but mainly because I wasn't motivated to do so. Once I got motivated it took me a little over a year to lose the weight.

with DD I was a very active pregnant woman, so it took me around 5/6 months to lose the weight after she was born.

its not going to happen until you decide that you really want it. Good luck.