CafeMom Team
UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you choose the right detergent for your family’s clothes?
April 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

We gave moms Tide Free & Gentle Detergent and asked them to wash their family's clothes with it. Take a look at this fun video momtage that highlights some of our influencer's stories. Then,  tell us how you choose the right detergent for your family's clothes.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here. 

Replies

• liamsmommy930
    April 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I use Tide free and gentle for my daughter and regular tide for DH and I

• Leelee1008
    April 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    My daughter was so excited at the end of the video to say bye lol
  • C12H22O11addict
    April 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    Trial and error but I always find my way back to tide (and woolite for dress clothes)
  • momma2774
    April 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I've found a laundry soap that has no chemicals, toxins or bleach in it. I'll never go back to a store bought laundry soap again as they can contain these things. 

• rebekahmuse
    May 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

We basically just go with whatever doesn't break them out because my husband and baby are sensitive to certain detergents. I never tried the Tide Free and Clear honestly because of the price. I love it though!! It makes our clothes so soft like I've used fabric softener.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    May 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I have tried a few and stuck with Tide or Arm and Hammer!

• PowerIsWithin
    May 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    Sometimes what u can "feel & see" is completely different what u "know" about the ingredients "in" ...... a product.
  • PinkButterfly66
    May 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM

This is the brand I use.  I don't like to use soaps with dyes and I don't like the perfumes.  

• Paigesmommy78
    May 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    I didn't kno there,was,a tide free might have,try it
  • rbailey2414
    May 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM

how neat!  I think I will getting Tide free and gentle for my new baby :)