Featured Posts
CafeMom Team
UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you choose the right detergent for your family’s clothes?
April 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

We gave moms Tide Free & Gentle Detergent and asked them to wash their family's clothes with it. Take a look at this fun video momtage that highlights some of our influencer's stories. Then,  tell us how you choose the right detergent for your family's clothes.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here. 

Replies

• mommy_2_be_2010
    I usually do 3-4 loads of laundry at once because i have to walk up to the high rise(senior apartments) to dry them.

Right now i'm using arm and hammer but looking forward to trying the tide :)

A&h seems perfect but sometimes makes our skin itchy so i'm thinking about switching again.

I choose detergent based on price but the cheapest detergent isn't always best.

3/27/13

I recieved my tide free and gentle today and was surprised when i opend the box......i'll be using it on a load of towels tonite
  • cgarlic
    by cgarlic
    I received my sample today & was surprised by the size. I was expecting a lot less. We are a family of 5 & average about 8 loads a week. I can't wait to try the free & gentle
  • frecklesthehen

i cant wait to get my sample. we have 3 kids, the youngest was born in Jan 2013. I try to use Dreft for the first few months, but it costs so much! i hope this is as good as they claim!

oh, and we usually get laundry soap at Sam's Club... buying in bulk saves us in the long run :)

• MissKrystal

I have a family of 7 and so I am ALWAYS busy doing laundry. And with a daughter who has a lot of allergies, I have to be super careful about what I wash everything in, because if I am not her allergies and excema flair up. I look for things with no dye and no fragrance. I also cloth diaper, so it has to be strong enough to get rid of everything that comes with that!

• ilovemy_soldier
    I just received my Tide free and gentle sample today. I just started a load, and will be back to tell you my experience using it. On average I do 2 loads a day between my family of 6. Im interested to see if it will get motor oil out of my husbands work shirts, ive yet to have much luck.

Update: my clothes came out very clean. I was really surprised to be honest. My husbands work shirts came pretty clean and thats hard to do without pre treating. my son has had to flare ups from the detergent and he has sensitive skin. Im very happy with this detergent :) I wil not use soap.com but I will buy in store.
  • BivensBaby

Hey! I do about 2 loads of laundry a day for my family! For my ds though it's about 2 loads a week! He has eczema on his arms pretty bad so we only use free and clear stuff! I'm excited to try it out once it gets here! 

• occumommy
    I generally do about 6 loads of laundry a week, but i only do laundry on the weekends when i go to the laundrymat, i just got my soap today, so i will be back over the weekend to let you know how it goes! I started using only dye and purfume free detergents because we all have sensitive skin in my house. And it`s taken a lot of switching up. I am excited to wash my clothes. (never thought i`d say that!)
  • golther
    by golther
    I am looking forward to getting my package in the mail. I normally look for sales and find the cheapest detergent I can get.
  • TaylorBaby

i do atleast 6-8 loads of laundry a week. being that my famliy has all skin types i find a fragrence and dye free so all of our skin is happy. 

• nomadbrat83
    Hubby and oldest dd have very sensitive skin so we always have to be careful about detergents and usually get free and clear type detergents. I have never used the Tide brand before, but am looking forward to trying it. My big thing with free and clear detergents is some of them don't seem to get the clothes really clean or smelling good. I can't wait to get my sample. We average 1-2 loads a day usually and more on the weekends. Our girls are 6 and 2.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts