Featured Posts
favi_donnie22
help 1 year old..
March 12, 2013 at 3:08 AM
So is going to be 2 weeks that my son just won't stop crying, ever since he was born been sleeping on his own crib, since was 2 months been sleeping all night. This past 2 weeks all he does is cry can't get him to go to sleep just crys till he falls asleep after more then an hour or 2, but it's not little crying crying like if someone is killing him, it's nor just during night time, during day if i leave to restroom kitchen leave him 1 min alone will start over crying, he had never been like this not type of crying baby always loved to be on his own playing etc. i know he is not in pain no fever not hungry his clothes not bothering him, had Dr check up last week everything is fine,,,i don't know what to do I'm going crazy any ideas??

Replies

• favi_donnie22
    March 12, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    He has been sleeping on his own ever since was born still is after hr if crying he had never been like this till now,i could be in living room with him go to kitchen where he can still see me and start crying

Quoting Matriarch87:

Yea that sounds pretty normal to me. You have to teach babies to sleep on there own. Also, the most self secure kids are the ones that know there mommy is around whenever they feel they need momma. Humore is neediness and when he is secure he will let go a bit.

Quoting favi_donnie22:

Just cries if we leave him alone for a Mon.doesn't want to go to sleep on his own cries for hours

Quoting Matriarch87:

You mean your son wants to be around you and cries when he is not? Weird. Lol.

Just keep a cool head, you will adjust.
  • Matriarch87
    March 12, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    Sorry momma...sometimes you gotta reteach them. Seeing you isn't enough for lots of kids. My son is almost four and has always been very emotionally evolved. Some days he is crazy independent and ready to walk across town to the park all by himself...other days I hear nothing but "hold me mommy I need you.", sometimes a kid needs a solid day of cuddling lol. Knowing I'm around isn't enough for my son sometimes. Sometimes he will drag me out of the kitchen and tell me, "stop cooking. Sit there. Watch me". He doesn't want me to be involved he just wants me to sit on the couch and watch him play lol. Its off and on, its almost like the needy days that he gets craptons of mommy love recharge his tank of independence and after a while he is out of independence and needs a buttload more of mommy love. Someday his tank will be so big and so full he won't need me at all anymore. So until then I'm absolutely elated to be at his beck and call for lovin. I hope you understand my underlying mushy message
    : )

Quoting favi_donnie22:

He has been sleeping on his own ever since was born still is after hr if crying he had never been like this till now,i could be in living room with him go to kitchen where he can still see me and start crying

Quoting Matriarch87:

Yea that sounds pretty normal to me. You have to teach babies to sleep on there own. Also, the most self secure kids are the ones that know there mommy is around whenever they feel they need momma. Humore is neediness and when he is secure he will let go a bit.

Quoting favi_donnie22:

Just cries if we leave him alone for a Mon.doesn't want to go to sleep on his own cries for hours

Quoting Matriarch87:

• Eve-marie
    March 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Separation anxiety. At his age you are the world and he is terrified you're not coming back. Keep reassuring him, rub his back until he falls asleep, give him one of your shirts in his crib (no buttons) so he has your scent to calm him. Good luck.

• favi_donnie22
    March 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    Yes i do,, thank you :-)

Quoting Matriarch87:

Sorry momma...sometimes you gotta reteach them. Seeing you isn't enough for lots of kids. My son is almost four and has always been very emotionally evolved. Some days he is crazy independent and ready to walk across town to the park all by himself...other days I hear nothing but "hold me mommy I need you.", sometimes a kid needs a solid day of cuddling lol. Knowing I'm around isn't enough for my son sometimes. Sometimes he will drag me out of the kitchen and tell me, "stop cooking. Sit there. Watch me". He doesn't want me to be involved he just wants me to sit on the couch and watch him play lol. Its off and on, its almost like the needy days that he gets craptons of mommy love recharge his tank of independence and after a while he is out of independence and needs a buttload more of mommy love. Someday his tank will be so big and so full he won't need me at all anymore. So until then I'm absolutely elated to be at his beck and call for lovin. I hope you understand my underlying mushy message

: )

Quoting favi_donnie22:

Quoting Matriarch87:

Quoting favi_donnie22:

Quoting Matriarch87:

• Janet
    by Janet
    March 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM

It could be just a phase. It could be he doesn't feel well. All you can do at this point is give it time.

hugs

• Basherte
    March 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Quoting Eve-marie:

Separation anxiety. At his age you are the world and he is terrified you're not coming back. Keep reassuring him, rub his back until he falls asleep, give him one of your shirts in his crib (no buttons) so he has your scent to calm him. Good luck.

^This

• MamaMoopsie
    March 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM

This sounds EXACTLY like my now almost 3 year old daughter. She was the easiest baby on earth. She always slept in her own crib, was sleeping through the night two weeks after coming home from the hospital. Was always content to just hang out where ever she was. Then she turned a year old and it was like someone totally replaced her. She wanted to be with me all the time, she started fighting sleep, and screaming like you've described until she was choking. I took her to three different doctors convinced something was wrong with her, but finally was told she'd found her stubborn side and I just have to deal.

She has gotten better about going to bed for the most part, but still cries a lot for no reason. She gets very angry over the littlest things. It's very frustrating and I really don't have much advice. My daughter seems to be turning a new page lately where if I remain calm and explain things over and over again she'll calm down, but that in itself is frustrating.

• favi_donnie22
    March 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    Good luck hopefully she does get better,, so hard seeing your baby cry like that for no reason hopefully little by little they just start getting out off that,, I'm trying new things hopefully they do work...

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

This sounds EXACTLY like my now almost 3 year old daughter. She was the easiest baby on earth. She always slept in her own crib, was sleeping through the night two weeks after coming home from the hospital. Was always content to just hang out where ever she was. Then she turned a year old and it was like someone totally replaced her. She wanted to be with me all the time, she started fighting sleep, and screaming like you've described until she was choking. I took her to three different doctors convinced something was wrong with her, but finally was told she'd found her stubborn side and I just have to deal.

She has gotten better about going to bed for the most part, but still cries a lot for no reason. She gets very angry over the littlest things. It's very frustrating and I really don't have much advice. My daughter seems to be turning a new page lately where if I remain calm and explain things over and over again she'll calm down, but that in itself is frustrating.

• SlapItHigh
    March 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Bring him to bed with you.  That will probably fill up his security cup, so-to-speak.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN