splatz
Getting creative with school lunches.
by splatz
March 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
What do you typically pack your kids for lunch? What do you do to switch it up a little? Do you do anything to make it more fun?

Replies

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    March 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM

DD packs her own lunch.

youngest DS gets organic milk, or 100% apple juice, he also gets a cup of fruit, or a piece of fruit, or a PB&J oh whole wheat, a gogurt, or a pudding, and a protein bar. We also have an array of crackers, and health bars, occassionally, ill buy cookies as a treat, but thats rare. How I switch it up, is the only thing that is the same in a weeks time is the drink.

• greengrass4me
    March 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I try to change them up from just sandwiches. So I will do peeled hard-boiled eggs, bagels with cream cheese and jam, yogurt parfaits, ham and cheese cubes, soft pretzel and soup. Sides are always veggies and fruit, sometimes I plop peanut butter in the bottom of a cup and stick celery sticks on top for dipping, or hummus with carrots, I may add rice cakes, trail mix, string cheese, cottage cheese, or whatever else I have on hand.

• Des10ed2b
    March 12, 2013 at 10:31 AM

today my daughter had a left over mini-pizza made from a gluten-free english muffin. A home-made gluten-free granola bar made with gluten-free banana oatmeal, flaxseed, dried tart cherries, yogurt covered raisin, coconut oil, cinnamon, a sprinkle of coconut, and some chocolate chips. An apple-juice box, and a cup of dole mandarin oranges in white grape-juice! i am sure she will be pleased!

• Ajanee12
    March 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I make bento boxes, we do all sorts of things. Here are some I pulled off google to show you!

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    March 12, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I do not have to pack for Liv yet but I like trying new things! I really want to buy her the gold fish bread, do little sticks with fruits and veggies on them or meat and cheese!

• goddess99
    March 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I don't send Z with lunches anymore. But when I did I always put a joke in her bag.

• othermom
    March 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM

My kids dont usually take lunch often so they take the same stuff when they do. Usually a sandwhich, string cheese,yogurt, fruit, and a treat

• mom2the.rescue
    March 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Mine don't take a lunch everyday anymore...so it doesn't need to be switched up often.  When ds1 took lunch everyday, he liked it when I sent him with a bowl, spoon, and a baggie of cereal.  He'd buy a milk and then have a bowl of cereal plus whatever fruit I sent in there.

• JNLmomme09
    March 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    My dd is so picky. She won't eat deli meat anymore and prefers salad or a bagel
  • Janet
    by Janet
    March 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Mine usually eat at school.