Featured Posts
splatz
Getting creative with school lunches.
by splatz
March 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
What do you typically pack your kids for lunch? What do you do to switch it up a little? Do you do anything to make it more fun?

Replies

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    March 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM

DD packs her own lunch.

youngest DS gets organic milk, or 100% apple juice, he also gets a cup of fruit, or a piece of fruit, or a PB&J oh whole wheat, a gogurt, or a pudding, and a protein bar. We also have an array of crackers, and health bars, occassionally, ill buy cookies as a treat, but thats rare. How I switch it up, is the only thing that is the same in a weeks time is the drink.

• greengrass4me
    March 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I try to change them up from just sandwiches. So I will do peeled hard-boiled eggs, bagels with cream cheese and jam, yogurt parfaits, ham and cheese cubes, soft pretzel and soup. Sides are always veggies and fruit, sometimes I plop peanut butter in the bottom of a cup and stick celery sticks on top for dipping, or hummus with carrots, I may add rice cakes, trail mix, string cheese, cottage cheese, or whatever else I have on hand.

• Des10ed2b
    March 12, 2013 at 10:31 AM

today my daughter had a left over mini-pizza made from a gluten-free english muffin. A home-made gluten-free granola bar made with gluten-free banana oatmeal, flaxseed, dried tart cherries, yogurt covered raisin, coconut oil, cinnamon, a sprinkle of coconut, and some chocolate chips. An apple-juice box, and a cup of dole mandarin oranges in white grape-juice! i am sure she will be pleased!

• Ajanee12
    March 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I make bento boxes, we do all sorts of things. Here are some I pulled off google to show you!

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    March 12, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I do not have to pack for Liv yet but I like trying new things! I really want to buy her the gold fish bread, do little sticks with fruits and veggies on them or meat and cheese!

• goddess99
    March 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I don't send Z with lunches anymore. But when I did I always put a joke in her bag.

• othermom
    March 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM

My kids dont usually take lunch often so they take the same stuff when they do. Usually a sandwhich, string cheese,yogurt, fruit, and a treat

• mom2the.rescue
    March 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Mine don't take a lunch everyday anymore...so it doesn't need to be switched up often.  When ds1 took lunch everyday, he liked it when I sent him with a bowl, spoon, and a baggie of cereal.  He'd buy a milk and then have a bowl of cereal plus whatever fruit I sent in there.

• JNLmomme09
    March 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    My dd is so picky. She won't eat deli meat anymore and prefers salad or a bagel
  • Janet
    by Janet
    March 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Mine usually eat at school.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN