Featured Posts
MichelleMc
Fresh Eating
March 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I seen someone, I think here, that says they eat only fresh. ( I think it was here. )

If so, what is your menu if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Replies

• goddess99
    March 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I'd love to see that menu too.

• Janet
    by Janet
    March 11, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    So would I.
  • SlapItHigh
    March 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    Are you talking about raw foodists? Or what do you mean by "fresh"?
  • MichelleMc
    March 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I don't know much about it. I for sure don't know the terms, like raw foodists? But I guess unprocessed, "goes bad" type, Healthier ways foods. 

• MistressMinerva
    March 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Quoting goddess99:

I'd love to see that menu too.

• SlapItHigh
    March 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    We eat healthy food, rarely anything processed. We don't do all raw though. Tonight we had salad for dinner. A bed I romaine, black beans, pic de gallo and grilled chicken. We grow a lot o our own fruits and veggies. Got a share in a grass fed steer, get our eggs from a friend with hens, etc.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I don't know much about it. I for sure don't know the terms, like raw foodists? But I guess unprocessed, "goes bad" type, Healthier ways foods. 

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    March 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Eating fresh basically means cooking from scratch, using fresh ingredients. No processed foods.

• MichelleMc
    March 11, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I guess most people trying to start is just like, what do you have for sides. I mean salads everyday can't be it. So what else do you do? I had to look up what pic de gallo was, LOL. Wanted more of an idea of a better planning, how to start, more ideas of what can you eat. Does anyone meal plan that could give more ideas or help someone start. 

I want to start a nice side garden this year, but then only a few decent months for that, so then what? Do you can? Or live in a better climate?

Thanks for the answers. That is a great start :)

Quoting SlapItHigh:

We eat healthy food, rarely anything processed. We don't do all raw though. Tonight we had salad for dinner. A bed I romaine, black beans, pic de gallo and grilled chicken. We grow a lot o our own fruits and veggies. Got a share in a grass fed steer, get our eggs from a friend with hens, etc.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

• SlapItHigh
    March 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    I'm not a big planner so I don't have any menus to share. I just wing it, lol. We really don't have salad that often. For sides we usually things like steamed/grilled/sautéed veggies, lentils, beans, quinoa and/or fruit. Some family fav meals are braised beef with diced sautéed sweet potatoes and kale cooked with lots of fresh garlic. I toast a whole organic chicken at least once a week. After dinner I use the carcass to make bone broth which is super healthy. I use that I add flavor to other foods/sides and also to make soup which we like to have about once a week as well. My current fav is smokey chicken chili but also a big fan of butternut squash soup. We also like to marinate chicken thighs and then grill a bunch at once so we can freeze it and then pull it out for quick dinners. I'll thaw it and then crisp it up on the stove and serve with herbed chickpeas and fresh cut pineapple.

We live on the easy coast and tend to have a solid four seasons but I grow veggies year round. I have a really good book that teaches how to grow year round in any climate.

Quoting MichelleMc:

I guess most people trying to start is just like, what do you have for sides. I mean salads everyday can't be it. So what else do you do? I had to look up what pic de gallo was, LOL. Wanted more of an idea of a better planning, how to start, more ideas of what can you eat. Does anyone meal plan that could give more ideas or help someone start. 

I want to start a nice side garden this year, but then only a few decent months for that, so then what? Do you can? Or live in a better climate?

Thanks for the answers. That is a great start :)

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

• SlapItHigh
    March 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    Lol that's supposed to say roast chicken and east coast.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN