splatz
At what age did your child(ren) potty train?
by splatz
March 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
And are they a boy or girl? I often hear people say that girls potty train earlier so I figured I would add the second question in.

My daughter is 2 1/2 this month and totally content in her cloth diapers. She refuses to go on the potty and I am not pushing it. But people seem to think she is behind the norm so just curious when everyones kiddos potty trained. :)

Replies

• splatz
    by splatz
    March 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    We bought a potty for dd and introduced it a few months before she turned two because she was showing a lot of interest. Now she is just completely anti-potty. She has a melt down any time I bring it up. :(
  • Meghan6391
    March 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM
    4 days before our oldest turned 3 he told us he wanted to use the potty and be a big boy, never used a diaper or anything like that since. :)
  • bekalynne440
    March 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM

DS- 2.5      DD- 23 months

• Mumtobeagain
    March 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM
    My DS was 2.5. One day put him in big boy underwear, tossed out the diapers and that was it. A few accidents the first few days, but he figured it out. He has never had a night time accident and only a handful if daytime accidents since the first day. That was a year ago. He was ready! DD just turned one. Going to start her around 18 months
  • MJP76
    by MJP76
    March 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Yes. 9 months we started training as soon as they started walking. There were still a few accidents until about 13 months or so, but for the most part they were trained.

Quoting splatz:

Wow... I don't think I have ever heard of an 11 month old being fully potty trained. Were they really early walkers?

Quoting MJP76:

Both of my boys just under a year (11 months)

my girl about 1.5 years, but still wet the bed occasionally until she was 5.

• baileymarie723
    March 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    I believe my daughter was 3. I struggled a lot with getting her trained, and than one day completely on her own she said she had to go potty and has been going on ever since.
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    March 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I will be offically starting the process with Liv when she turns 2 in May!

• bcbmami
    by bcbmami
    March 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    Ds was 4. He still has accidents at night.
    We are just starting with DD and she's two today!
  • neptunekitty
    March 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    My stepson is four and a half and he will poo in the potty and pee in the potty but also pee in his underwear almost every day several times. I had to put him back in pull ups and start over with a sticker chart and gummy bear rewards because i couldnt keep up with doing laundry every day but he's still peeing almost every day, I took him to the doctor and they said don't worry about it so at this point idk when he will b trained.. His sky landers underwear could b hanging on the wall for years.