Featured Posts
rory10
apartment searching? *EDIT found a place*
by rory10
March 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM
So I need some sort of advice/ help here. I need to find an apartment fairly quick and I'm having some trouble. There's not much in the newspaper, so I only check that about once a week plus craigslist daily. Anyone know where else I should be looking? I'm in MA if that makes a difference.

*EDIT*
Thank you to everyone wishing me luck, I found a place today! Saw an add in Craigslist for a place and when I saw it would only fit twin beds, met up with the landlord and he had another place he wanted me to check and I fell in love. Within about a 6 hour period I went from viewing a tiny place to finding the new home for my family. Me and DD have had to be split up from SO (not getting into that long story now) and it's going to be so great seeing him daily instead of once a week for a couple hours. Also a big YAY ME! on my first featured post.

Replies

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    March 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I would just start calling places.

• rory10
    by rory10
    March 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    I've already called a few and had some viewings. 1 I fell in love with but didn't get, another had stairs and hall ways that were so narrow we'd have issues getting our bed up to a bedroom, another just wasn't clean at all and the stairs were steep, and 1 I wish was good enough WREAKED of smoke and the larger bedroom wouldn't fit our queen size bed. Unfortunately I was sick for about a week and have a huge setback because of it.
    Quoting Pammi86:

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    March 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I have always settled when it comes to apartments bc I never found what I really wanted. Hopefully I can rent or buy a house soon!

Quoting rory10:

I've already called a few and had some viewings. 1 I fell in love with but didn't get, another had stairs and hall ways that were so narrow we'd have issues getting our bed up to a bedroom, another just wasn't clean at all and the stairs were steep, and 1 I wish was good enough WREAKED of smoke and the larger bedroom wouldn't fit our queen size bed. Unfortunately I was sick for about a week and have a huge setback because of it.
    Quoting Pammi86:

• splatz
    by splatz
    March 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    Try looking through the apartment finder brochures you can find at places like the library or grocery store. Google apartments in your town. Most places have websites now.
    Good luck!
  • katfeemom
    March 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Go to apartments.com  or forrent.com.  You will be asked for a location.  You can not enter your town unless it is a semi-major (or major) city. Choose the nearest city.  Then choose miles distant that would include the town where you are looking.  Both sites will ask you to enter you criteria for an apartment.  Try it.  Good luck.

• goddess99
    March 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Around here everyone puts signs and phone numbers on homes that have apartments for rent. You just ride around the neighborhood you want to live in and look. Good luck finding a place.

• MistressMinerva
    March 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Try Rent.com I used them several times and they also give you $100 Visa card if you actually get an apt for using there site. You just have to give them the info from the Apt place and then they go from there to verify you got an Apt there and then they will send you the Visa card in the mail. Good Luck!!!

• oneluckymom0709
    March 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM

we expanded our search beyond what we originally wanted a few years back and found a perfect spot so maybe even try that?  I second looking at the circulars at the grocery stores and I looked at rentnow.com which actually netted us a $100 gc when we mentioned it at lease signing and had that to help w/ paying for Christmas gifts afterwards...that was very nice.  We're hoping to rent a house next time around too but it might be another year before that happens.

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    March 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM

At your local grocery store in the doorway, they usually have magazines or adds or whatnot that are free for things like this.

• MistressMinerva
    March 7, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Glad you found something.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN