Featured Posts
Mystres
Adoption Baby Shower
by Mystres
February 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I am looking for game suggestions for my Adoption Baby shower.

Long story short, my bug is 6 months old.  We have had her since she was 10 days old.  And this week we Finalize her adoption.  This weekend we are going to have a Party to celebrate with Friends and family.

We never had a Official "Baby Shower" because she was a Last Minute "Already Born Match"

So we plan on treating this party kinda like a baby shower except Gifts are not Expected.

The only thing is Most baby shower games revolve arround "Guess How round the Tummy is, ect....  SO i am looking for 2 or 3 more games that would be Adoption Appropiate.

Below are the ones i have seen and liked so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess Babys Weight - (We can pass her around and let people guess that way.)

Baby Price is Right - Purchase some baby items and set them on a tray. The more items you purchase, the harder the game is. Ask everyone write down the prices of each and then add up the total. Whoever is closest to the correct total amount wins!

Birthday Cards for Baby's Life - I was at a shower where the parents to be knew the gender and the name of the baby so one of the activities was to make birthday cards for each of the first 18 years of the baby's life. Each person was given a year to make the card for. We had stickers, rubber stamps, foam shapes, gel pens and all kinds of crafty items available to make the cards. The child will come to look forward to his cards from his family and parents' closest friends

Replies

• mcginnisc
    February 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM

We didn't do games at ours so I have no clue.. lol... my BIL and SIL threw us a "meet and greet" that was a drop in spanning 4 hours so Lilly did not get overwhelmed. She had been home for a month from China when we had the party. We made it very laid back with just food, treats and Lilly was the guest of honor. Gosh, that seems like so long ago..it will be 6 years this spring that she has been home. 

• goddess99
    February 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM

The 3 you have sound cute. Between those and everyone wanting to spend time with your dd, and eating, plus opening gifts (I'm sure you will get some) it sounds like a 2+ hour party already. Maybe someone else can help you. I've only been to 1 shower and that was so many years ago, I can't remember what we did. Congrats!! Have Fun!!

• delanna6two
    February 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Congratulations....hope all works out for the shower...

• splatz
    by splatz
    February 27, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I wouldn't even worry about games. I say just enjoy food and socializing. Everyone will want to focus on your little one anyways. :)

• momstermom85
    February 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM

congrats my hubby and i are in the process of trying to adopt a baby girl ,have fun at the shower

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 28, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I can't think of any games. I think what you have is fine. Congratulations on your adoption!

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 28, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I hope it works out for you!

Quoting momstermom85:

congrats my hubby and i are in the process of trying to adopt a baby girl ,have fun at the shower

• JulesFairy
    February 28, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    Not that I think you need games but of you want some here you go:

Baby word scramble - Take babys name and see how many baby related words your guests can make up from the letters in baby's name witin two minutes.

Baby chug - drink eveything in a baby bottle as fast as you can. First one to empty it wins.

Baby food blind taste - pass around unlabeled baby food jars ( usually works best to label them with numbers on the jar and the back of the labels you peel off so you can correctly id them later) and let people guess what food it it.

Diaper dash - Two people link arms and each use only the outside arm ( think three legged race) to diaper a baby.

Diaper Mystery- melt candy bars into diapers and pass around to guests to try and guess what candy bar it is.

Im sure there are more, but thats all that I can think of for now.
  • Mystres
    by Mystres
    February 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Thank you for the suggestions and good wished.  and Yes those who are starting the adoption journey, i wish you luck.

I Think we will just stick with the few things we have planned.  so i dont have to stress about organization.

thanks ladies.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts