Featured Posts
Ajsmommy2012
Two questions....
February 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I have started selling avon to make extra money, for our family this is my question though how does anyone have any selling techinques to get more sells for it, what ive been doing i guess has not worked,  my other question, is im currently taking my ged and will be going to school after i pass for cna i was wondering if anyone knew of any places that would let you do like work or something to see how it acutally is and make sure its what you want to do in life.. im not really sure how to word it.

Replies

• CAMom5472
    February 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    Congrats for working on goals! I sold Tupperware when my kids were young and LOVED it! My daughter in law sells Mary Kay and it is a fun business too w/a great story behind it. Her friend that recruited her just became a Director so it is possible to do great things w/any of these type of home businesses.
    As far as trying out jobs/careers I would say find a local career center(in my area they have several including at Human Services office where you apply for med-i-cal,Food Stamps etc) They help you figure out your weaknesses,strengths,career goals etc and helps narrow your choices in.I would check around and maybe even check with "temp agencies" who may be able to allow you to narrow in and try diffierent "temp" jobs. Good Luck!
  • CAMom5472
    February 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    Forgot to mention in my post that I would suggest promoting your business via Facebook. My daughter in laws friend does this and also whom sells Mary Kay has specials she offers thru FB includes cute packaging and pics(cute!) She also does "contests" for customers to book parties,inviting a certain amount of friends,purchases etc and it works!Like I said she is a Director now! She just recently gave away a Coach handbag in a contest(I dont recall what the requirements were)but she makes it fun for customers and to me thats what works best.
  • cookinmommyof1
    February 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    Cna's don't just work with elderly. They work at all sort of dr offices also. My ob/gyn has them, so does ds's ped office. I have friends who do it andy love it. One of them is going for her rn. Good luck!
  • Basherte
    February 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Here's a bump!!!!

I can't buy avon, my dh is allergic to it.

• DerDer528
    February 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I'm having the same problem with beauti control.. i'm just not a very good sales person.

• pamelax3
    February 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM

There is so many people selling avon, maybe just try your media sites! Not sure on the CNA question

• pegleg63
    February 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM

As far as the CNA job, try to find a place that would let you do a "job shadow" for a day or so.  I have been a nursing assist in the past. I was not certified as it was not required in my state at the time. My best friend is a nurse practioner. Her son was interested in being a x-ray tech so she set up a job shadow for him. After a day of that he decided that is not his thing, so did another job shadow of a nurse. He really enjoyed that, so he is going to nursing school after he graduates from highschool this spring. Like mother like, son! He is a caring compassionate young man, I am sure he will be a great nurse.

• delanna6two
    February 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Hope things work out...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts