Ndinelago
Confuse
February 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Hello guys, my 8months baby boy has a walker n i put him in every day bt wen i take him out to walk he can't even stand on his own bt wen he's on his walker he run around th house, is the walker damaging him?

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    No, it's not damaging him. It's just walkers can be dangerous. They can tip over. A bouncer would be a safer choice.
  • goddess99
    February 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM

No, my dd was the same way at first.

• MichelleMc
    February 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

No. That is how it can work. And ignore the walker is dangerous stuff.  As long as you use common sense & don't put it at the top of a staircase ( duh ). I hate the walker hate LOL. So silly. Never owned a bouncer, didn't see the point. 

• marisab
    by marisab
    February 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM

hes 8 mos old give him time;-)

• pasteeater
    February 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

No it's giving him something to hold him up.  You're not damaging him, I promise.  Just be careful because they can tip over.  He's just a little young to be walking yet.  I have five kids and they all started out like that!

• SlapItHigh
    February 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    The walker can "damage" him. It's bad for the hips and spine. If he only goes in it a few times a week for short periods then it probably won't harm him. Bu if you use it frequently, it can. It can also cause a delay I learning to stand and walk.
  • MichelleMc
    February 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

The walker can "damage" him. It's bad for the hips and spine. If he only goes in it a few times a week for short periods then it probably won't harm him. Bu if you use it frequently, it can. It can also cause a delay I learning to stand and walk.

Where are the facts for this? My son walked at 9 months. He used one on a normal basis. He has no spine or hip problems. They were used for years. I used one on a normal basis & I walked at 10 months. I have no hip or spine problems. I Know both of my brothers walked before 12 months just don't have the exact month. The only reason that walkers were stopped from being so commonly used was lack of common sense & lack of kids being watched & people let their kids being used around areas they could fall. So then they were deemed evil, instead of the parents just lacking using common sense. 

Bouncers & Johnny Jump Ups would cause the same damage if not worse then.

• shadow_lark
    February 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    Google it, the studies have been out for years now.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Where are the facts for this? My son walked at 9 months. He used one on a normal basis. He has no spine or hip problems. They were used for years. I used one on a normal basis & I walked at 10 months. I have no hip or spine problems. I Know both of my brothers walked before 12 months just don't have the exact month. The only reason that walkers were stopped from being so commonly used was lack of common sense & lack of kids being watched & people let their kids being used around areas they could fall. So then they were deemed evil, instead of the parents just lacking using common sense. 

• MichelleMc
    February 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I have tried. It keeps going back to tripping & falling. That there aren't enough studies that prove any delays at all. And the damage in hips is inconsistant. 

Quoting shadow_lark:

Google it, the studies have been out for years now.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting SlapItHigh: