my4loves4
Hiding behind religion
February 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My ex husband was in jail for over a year of our marraige for theft charges. Although i was ashamed, I faithfully stuck by his side. Once he got out he stepped up, and finally started acting like a responsible adult. It didnt last long though, a year later, I got a phone call while he was on his lunch break at work, He tells me he's leaving and would be out that night! Things weren't perfect but it was such a suprise and random to me. Well soon after I found out he had been cheating on me. He moved into his own place whitin a week of leaving and she joined him. he didnt talk to his son for 3 months,  He only called to start drama with me. To call me bad names, ect... he finally calmed down and started to act like he was growing up and was willing to step-up. He has done a good job since, and once i met the girl I accually kind of liked her. She was sweet, stupid, but sweet. He was so afraid of going back to jail, he made her start stealing things for him. They Stole his own familys check book and wrote bad checks. He had her do it so he couldnt get in trouble. Well of coarse the dumbass's got caught. She spent 3 months in jail, while pregnant with their baby and still on probation... Well lately they found GOD. At first i supported this and was proud and really hopeing it would help them change. For the sake of not only my son, but theirs. My son has his step father and I, and both our sides of family  as a good examples, their baby will have noone. They both come from "ghetto" familys. But the church is pretty much just enabiling them. they don't have to steal anymore because the church just hands them whatever they want. Seriously. The youth minister (who is the reason i quit that church, there was just always something bad i sensed in him) Is now my exs like best friend. He bought him a brand new, 42' flat screen tv for christmas. (this is from a man who ONLY gets money from the church, To me a good man would find better things to spend his money on, Charity, or even something they acually needed like stuff for their kid) Plus he just gives him money when he asks! They also now have decided to get rid of all "bad" things. They threw out all their movies, because they weren't about god. Music, all of it. Okay whatever its their life, But last weekend he had the balls to call me and get mad because while he had our son for the weekend he said "monsters blood" (hes  3) while eating pizza. He called me freaking out asking what i let him watch and blah blah blah. I let him watch Gremlins. Okay i admit maybe a little violent for a 3 year old but he loved it and there was no cussing, and most of it is just little furry monsters he thinks are cute. There is much worse in this world! The thing that made me so mad was, this was coming from the man who taught my son every bad word he knows. I stopped letting my son go to his dads for awhile because everytime he came home he'd call me a Bitch!!! I'm sorry but its obvious a 3 year old isnt randomly coming up with this after a weekend with his dad. All i can say is how dare he think he can judge me, because all of a sudden hes "found god" Yes i beleive in GOD but I still live life. I don't do bad things, Ive never been to jail, Ive never stolen or harmed anyone else, but i don't live in a bubble either. If i want to watch a dirty movie when the kids are in bed, If i let my son watch gremlins, i listen to a song that says ass. I bet god has better things to do than judge me for that. Its people like this that made me quit going to church. GOD is not someone you use to cover up your sins. he will forgive if you accually sincerly are willing to change, but these arent people trying to change, their trying to find another way to con their way through life -.-

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    It would be nice if he did change. Hopefully some day he will.
  • goddess99
    February 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM

To me someone like that is just dead weight, they would be gone.

• zacmacsmomm
    February 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM

He sounds like a total douche bag

• breebree04
    February 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Its not up to him what your son watches when hes with you. Hopefully going to church and finding God will change him in time! Im a believer too but I cant stand when people try to push their beliefs on other people.