Featured Posts
ChristinaDuff
Introducing myself...
February 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Hey everyone, 

My name is Christina. I am a stay at home mom of a DS who will be 2 in July and we are expecting another in August!

I joined to get advice from other moms on activities I can do with my son to teach him words, etc. He is a VERY stubborn little boy and doesn't have a very long attention span. Also, my husband leaves for a month at a time and I have moved to a new state and haven't met anyone new yet! So the activities would also benefit me as well! :) I feel as if I am driving myself crazy in here! :)

Any advice is very much appreciated! 

Replies

• goddess99
    February 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Hi welcome to the group. Go to the local library, they usually have a listing of local events and if nothing else they will have a local paper you can look through and see if anything fun catches your eye. Libraries also usually have story times that your son might like.

• ChristinaDuff
    February 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I never thought about that!!! 

Thank you :)

• MistressMinerva
    February 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Hi Christina. Welcome to the group.

• delanna6two
    February 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Welcome!!!!  Happy you joined us!!!

***Try the thick picture books for little ones.  They have some with pictures of other babies and facial expressions that you and the baby can look at together and you could point out happy, sad, etc....also they have other themes, toys, clothes, etc....You can look at the pictures and just say the words...it will come to him in time...I did this with my little one....and just do it for a while a little at a time as long as his attention will hold...

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    Hi Cristina, I'm Janet. Welcome to the group!
  • ChristinaDuff
    February 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Thank you delanna6two that is really helpful!!! 

Nice to meet everyone! 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN