Featured Posts
gabwest
Question about the IUD
by gabwest
February 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Hello LAdies!!

Sooooo, I got the IUD in November... I didn't sleep with my husband until 2-3 weeks after I got it put in, BUT I have NOT gotten my period since the middle of December... Is this normal?? Should I be worried? Should I take a test?? I don't feel pregnancy symptoms.. I hope you ladies can help!

Thank You!! Thank You!

Replies

• TheLadyAmalthea
    February 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I have the Mirena, and I don't have periods. I will get random spotting here and there. If you are worried about it, take a test. I have taken two tests so far in the three years I have had it, both negative.

• splatz
    by splatz
    February 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    Hope you are able to find an answer!
  • Karla1948
    February 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

• jamfam23
    February 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    sounds kinda scary.. im in the process of changing birth control also.. changing from shot to implanon.. havent yet but kinda scared.. If I.were u take a test just to make ur self feel better knowing then not knowing for a
    more secur feeling.. good luck and if u find out congrats...
  • OliviasMommy611
    February 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    Take a test.
  • OliviasMommy611
    February 20, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    20 years? I've had mine for 4. I thought they were new!

Quoting Karla1948:

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

• Karla1948
    February 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM

ParaGard (a.k.a. Copper-T) has been around since at least the 80's. But Mirena didn't come out until the 90's.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

• OliviasMommy611
    February 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    I have paraguard and love it. Did you have any children after having it removed?

Quoting Karla1948:

ParaGard (a.k.a. Copper-T) has been around since at least the 80's. But Mirena didn't come out until the 90's.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

• Karla1948
    February 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM

No. By the time I had it removed, I was beyond menopause, and no longer needed B/C. But if for whatever reason I had to go back on B/C, it would be the ParaGard, no doubt whatsoever.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

I have paraguard and love it. Did you have any children after having it removed?

Quoting Karla1948:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

• MistressMinerva
    February 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I would take a test or go to Dr.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN