Featured Posts
gabwest
Question about the IUD
by gabwest
February 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Hello LAdies!!

Sooooo, I got the IUD in November... I didn't sleep with my husband until 2-3 weeks after I got it put in, BUT I have NOT gotten my period since the middle of December... Is this normal?? Should I be worried? Should I take a test?? I don't feel pregnancy symptoms.. I hope you ladies can help!

Thank You!! Thank You!

Replies

• SlapItHigh
    February 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    They came out a long time ago but got taken off the market b/c they caused so many problems. Now they are back....still causing problems only worse b/c of the added hormones.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

20 years? I've had mine for 4. I thought they were new!

Quoting Karla1948:

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

• SlapItHigh
    I don't know OP but here's a bump b
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05

Yes it is normal.

• OliviasMommy611
    February 21, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    Para guard is hormone free.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

They came out a long time ago but got taken off the market b/c they caused so many problems. Now they are back....still causing problems only worse b/c of the added hormones.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

• SlapItHigh
    February 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Right, that's not the only one on the market. 

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Para guard is hormone free.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

• zacmacsmomm
    February 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

If you have the mirena then that's normal.  I dont' know about the others. 

• Supermommyof423
    February 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    I'm sure u r fine. Some women don't have periods when they have an iud. Your ob will tell u that. Be thankful u aren't having one right now. I have the implanon and sometimes when my hubby and i have sex i start bleeding the next day or the same day. I wouldn't be getting worried cuz its normal.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN