Featured Posts
gabwest
Question about the IUD
by gabwest
February 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Hello LAdies!!

Sooooo, I got the IUD in November... I didn't sleep with my husband until 2-3 weeks after I got it put in, BUT I have NOT gotten my period since the middle of December... Is this normal?? Should I be worried? Should I take a test?? I don't feel pregnancy symptoms.. I hope you ladies can help!

Thank You!! Thank You!

Replies

• SlapItHigh
    February 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    They came out a long time ago but got taken off the market b/c they caused so many problems. Now they are back....still causing problems only worse b/c of the added hormones.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

20 years? I've had mine for 4. I thought they were new!

Quoting Karla1948:

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

• SlapItHigh
    I don't know OP but here's a bump b
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05

Yes it is normal.

• OliviasMommy611
    February 21, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    Para guard is hormone free.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

They came out a long time ago but got taken off the market b/c they caused so many problems. Now they are back....still causing problems only worse b/c of the added hormones.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

• SlapItHigh
    February 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Right, that's not the only one on the market. 

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Para guard is hormone free.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

• zacmacsmomm
    February 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

If you have the mirena then that's normal.  I dont' know about the others. 

• Supermommyof423
    February 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    I'm sure u r fine. Some women don't have periods when they have an iud. Your ob will tell u that. Be thankful u aren't having one right now. I have the implanon and sometimes when my hubby and i have sex i start bleeding the next day or the same day. I wouldn't be getting worried cuz its normal.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts