Featured Posts
kikihenderson
1st Time Mom... Dads back at work:(
February 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I was lucky enough to have my Hubby home for 7 weeks. We have no more savings and can barely make rent/bills. I left out, the week I found out I was pregnant, I lost my job. Times are tough, to say the least. I'm not depressed, just a bit overwhelmed being home by myself for 9-10 hours a day now without him. He's not there to help when she's cranky or with bath time or when I'm just plain exhausted. I'm breast feeding every 2-3 hours. What's your best advice for me? Will this pass? So stressed about EVERYTHING. Needing/Wanting a job, still nervous to go out a lot because when she's cranky, it's hard.

Replies

• soontobemomof2k
    February 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Yes, it will pass!! I was in the exact same boat except my dh only got to stay home for a week or two. i dont really remember, this was 4 years ago. I remember feeling so alone and overwhelmed. And wow did I want to work just to get a break. My advice to you is to get out with your daughter. My daughter loved being out and was soooo good. We both needed it. Being cooped up in the house is NOT fun with a baby. You don't have to spend money, just walk around the mall or something.  When my daughter was around 6 months, things got easier because she was doing more and sleeping better. If things are just not getting better, try going to your dr and talking to him about the possibility of maybe have post partum depression. If it's that, medicine will help quick

• zinniadaisy
    February 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Of course it will pass! NOW is not the time for you to be worrying about a job for yourself - you have one right there to focus on. Get through each feeding time, put her down to sleep and try to get something done around the house - that way you feel accomplished and productive rather than let it build up around you.  Also, don't wait for her to not be cranky for you to get out of the house - you'll never leave.  Babies get cranky, it's ok, get out there and take a walk or go to the grocery store for a change of scenery!

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    It will get easier with time.
  • cookinmommyof1
    February 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    You'll get the hang of it. I felt like that when ds was a baby.
  • MusherMaggie
    February 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    Put her to breast ever time she wiggles--that's how she builds and maintains your supply. Sleep when she sleeps, co-sleep if you can. Don't be afraid to seek help when and where you need it with things not directly related to your baby. Is there a church near you where you'd be comfortable? There are often resources there for new moms. There is also the Breastfeeding Moms group here on CafeMom.
  • katfeemom
    February 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Your baby responds to your attitudes and moods.  If you are stressed, she will react and respond.  It's your first time being a Mommy and it's her first time being a baby.  SHE doesn't know if you are making mistakes, and you will make mistakes.  You are LEARNING.

Decide what's REALLY important.  Some things, you can let go. Let those things GO.  Some times babys just need to 'vocalize', and they yell.  Big deal.  If she's been fed, and cleaned, and has nothing that you can see causing discomfort or distress, she might just be expressing her self.

Others have done it.  You'll get there. 

• kaydenmakes3
    February 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Believe me everything is rough at first. My son is 2 months old and I'm just now starting to get ahold of this mommy thing. My fiance works out of town and is only home on the weekends and was only home for a week after our son was born. I know it can be VERY overwhelming, but things will get better. You have to have a positive mindset. I found that being with family when I get frustrated helps alot too! I hope this helps!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts