I wish I could say I was surprised at the stupid things people say to parents, but I'm not. Since having my first child almost 9 years ago, I've learned that parenting is something that everyone, even people who don't have kids, have an opinion about.
Whatever happened to "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"?
The comments I thought were bad when I had one kid are about 400 times worse now that I have four kids. But today, instead of smiling and laughing like I usually do since I usually have my kids with me when I hear this crap, I'm going to share the craziest things people have said to me and what I'd love to tell them. Or where to shove it.
- You do know where babies come from, right? You know, it's funny you mention that because I was just asking myself the other day "Where do babies come from?" and then my vagina piped up and reminded me of the combined 30 hours of labor and all those stitches.
- Wow, you really have your hands full! Are you kidding? This is a spa vacation. See, I actually have about 20 more children at home but I keep them all locked in a closet and rotate out the good ones.
- You must have a lot of sex. Well, don't tell anyone, but I actually bought these kids on the black market. But yes, I have sex. A lot. Probably a lot more than you do, especially if you say stupid crap like that all the time.
- You are my hero. Oh gosh, thank you. My vagina is blushing.
- I'm so glad I stopped at two kids. If you think it's okay to say something like that in public to a mom, in front of her children, I'm really glad you stopped too.
- You must like torture. Wait a second. This is so bizarre. Have you been looking into my bedroom?
Moms of 3 or more kids, what comments drive you crazy?
by kahlansmommyMarch 23 at 9:22 PM
I have 6 brothers and sisters. I always get "are you Catholic" ? drives me crazy. and, how about them Duggers? Who are they to judge? I say, more power to her. Are they living off the government? NO! Do they have any debt? NO!
How can people judge those that want a bunch of chillins' and are able to fully care for them?
I have had 4 children (one in heaven) and I want at least one more!
March 24 at 1:07 PM
i have 10 kids (3 sets of twins) i hear it all and more...... the best one yet......(so nice of you to get all the cousins together)
by MommyMarcouxMarch 24 at 7:43 PM
I am 22, going on 23. The comments that make me roll my eyes most are the "Aren't you done yet", "You are awfully young to have so many kids", and "Another one? Are you trying for a football team?". I roll my eyes and laugh it off.
by Krystle21March 25 at 9:04 AMI get the you have your hands full comment a lot. Some have asked me if they're triplets, I just go with it if I'm in the mood to be funny.
March 25 at 9:18 AM
We have three, a seven year old and twin 10 month olds.
We get sick of "Are they twins?" "You have your hands full" "Better you than me" "How do you....(this is in regard to the care of the infant twins)
by mrsnoble2004March 25 at 12:57 PM
I have 4. My favorite is "Are you done yet?"
by simplysarahdMarch 25 at 12:59 PM
I heard number 2 and 5 over the weekend!! People are idiots....
by mrsnoble2004March 25 at 1:01 PM
Let's not forget "How do you handle x amount of kids?"
by rebeccasmlyMarch 25 at 1:54 PMMom of 6 and I hear 1, 2, and 5 a lot. I've learned to ignore it for the most part.