Featured Posts
kss12
1 year old and sleep
by kss12
February 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Hello all!

My baby boy just turned 1 yesterday. Our master bedroom is downstairs and all other rooms are upstairs therefore we have had our son in our room for his first year of life. We decided when he turned 1 we would put him in his own room upstairs (I know it should have been done sooner but I just couldn't bare the thought of being that far away from him). So tonight I put him in his crib upstairs, turned his scout puppy on bedtime music and turned his white noise maker on (usual routine) and he typically falls asleep. But not this time as obviously it is a new environment that he's not used to. Any advise? Tips? How long did it take for your little ones to get used to being in a different room?

Wish me luck :)

Replies

• KLove_Mom
    February 17, 2013 at 4:35 PM

You're definitely better off doing it now than waiting until he is out of the crib. So hang in there...

It usually takes my kids 3 nights to adjust to a new sleeping environment (on vacation for instance).
    Just keep as much of the routine the same as possible, and make sure not to change anything else in his daytime routine either until he adjusts to the room. Even a daytime change will challenge his securities. 

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    February 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Ugh no sorry, we are still trying to get dd who will be 2 in May out of our bed!

• kss12
    by kss12
    February 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    Thank you for all your comments ladies. Update on my little boy- the first night he cried quite a bit (he is good about nursing, then being put in the crib and he falls asleep without a peep). Last night my husband rocked him not attempting to get him to sleep and he fell asleep, he woke up 20 minutes later, I changed him into his sleeper, nursed him and put him in the crib and he fell asleep without a peep.. And slept until 5 then went right back to sleep until 8.. Yay! It was much easier than I thought! It's a strange feeling being able to go into your bedroom anytime you want to and being able to do pillow talk- we haven't done that in a year. If anyone else is attempting.. Keep it up because you feel this immense sense of freedom! Although it is sad because I feel that he is growing too fast, but soooo worth it! Thanks for all the advice! :)
  • SlapItHigh
    February 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Keep him in your room :). 

• zacmacsmomm
    February 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Just keep with it and he will be fine.  Even adults have a hard time sleeping in a new place :)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts