Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
What Would You Do If School Staff Pulled Down Your Childs Pants?
February 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM

School Staff Pulls Down Students' Pants and 'Checks Them' to Solve Gym Prank (VIDEO)

nurse clark

I want you to imagine for a moment: Your elementary school-aged child comes home in the afternoon and tells you that, at school that day, he or she had their pants pulled down and their butt inspected for feces. I know, it's completely insane, but this actually allegedly happened at a school in Pineland, Texas. Apparently, feces had been found on the floor in the gymnasium on numerous occasions -- and teachers and staff were unable to figure out who the culprit was -- so they marched all the kids into the nurse's office, pulled down their pants, and yep, checked them.

One account says that the school nurse "basically pulled the kids' pants down or out." Wes Little, a father of one of the student's said: "My kid came home and told me his butt had been inspected at the elementary school for feces. And he said he was embarrassed by the whole situation." But another account -- IE, the account by the principal and superintendent -- is downplaying what happened, saying, "No pants were pulled down past the buttocks, that they were merely pulled away at the waistline and peeked in to see if there was any feces." Superintendent Mike Pate added: "We've all been examined by nurses. I do think it is appropriate in certain situations."

Okay, examined by nurses, yes. When there's actually something wrong. A bunch of innocent little kids were just completely violated, because the faculty wanted to know who was pooping on the floor! Is it right that someone keeps doing this? Absolutely not! But even if you've exhausted all your options, you don't pull a kid's pants down to solve a case! Imagine how their parents must feel. I mean, what would you do if this happened to your child?

Personally, I don't know how I'd react. Right now, my daughter's still a baby, but I know the thought of this happening to her puts my stomach in knots. This is not okay. And quite frankly, this is just weird. Who would even think to do this?

Wes Little says he's still unsure if he'll take the matter before the board or state officials. As of now, he said that  by making the incident public, he's hoping it will keep it from happening again.

Um, yeah. I'd say. This incident should have never happened in the first place.

What would you do if this was your kid?

Video Here

Replies

• AmandainMO
    February 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    Again, plenty of criticism but no one else has a solution to offer. Those of you ready to call a lawyer or pull your kid out of that school would also be angry if your kid was exposed to poop on the floor and then complain the school was doing nothing about it. Schools are damned if they do something and damned if they don't.
  • meg90
    by meg90
    February 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    I would for sure press charges! In no way is that ok. Its almost violating! Actually it is. If the matter was that severe..parents consent should have been part of this. And I would have been that parent objecting!
  • ms-superwoman
    February 16, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Heads would be rolling. Call the parents, maybe they are having the same problem at home, the school could possibly have narrowed it down. Clean up the mess and talk to the kids about using the bathroom. Take an extra bathroom break, etc... How the school handled it was totally unacceptable.

• MamaMoopsie
    February 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I'd pitch a fit! I have a 10 year old daughter and if someone did that to her she would be humiliated and I would go into mama bear mode. That's ridiculous. There are other ways to find out who the culprit is. I mean, what time of day was it happening? Have extra teachers on duty then. I mean, come on. That's just ridiculous!

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    I agee.

Quoting sassysilvergirl:

Hmm, that is tough. I can see it from both sides. It isn't like it happened in the gym in front of everyone. It was done by a nurse. And honestly, if I was the one constantly cleaning up the poop, I would want to know. Obviously there is a child that has a problem that needs to be address. And "pants being pulled down" versus "pulling the pants at the waist to look" is really different in my opinion.

• MagickalMommy
    February 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM

As a parent I'm tired of "teachers" and the government acting like they have more rights than parents

If this was my my kid... hell would rain down on everyone involved. Put up a damn video camera sheesh, you don;t have to molest children.

I'll add this to the list of reasons I homeschool.... and lately this list has gotten so long I'd work as a prostitute at  night if I had to make sure my kids never have to step foot in a school building

Quoting AmandainMO:

As a teacher I get tired of parents that freak out every time a school tries to handle a problem. I'm sure they did try to figure out which kid was doing it in other ways. For those of you saying it was wrong what would you suggest they do? If you don't have a solution yourself then please don't criticize what the school did. Here's a solution... Every parent should make sure their own kid is completely potty trained before kindergarten (unless there is a medical issue).

• PinkButterfly66
    February 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I'd be pissed, and consulting a lawyer and looking for another school.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN