HolaMami
I am freaking out!
February 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM

This is the 1st time I join a forum so I don't even know how much to explain my problem.

My son is in kindergarden he has mention a lot that he does not have any friends or no one wants to play with me.  I was not to concern but yet no mom likes to hear this is happening to your kid. Any ways, this week I get a call from the pricipal and his teacher with very serious remarks. He is only a kindergardener so I am sure he does not know the seriousness of it. I talked to him, my husb. did to... but I am freaking out, he said that he was going to bring a bomb to school and blow it out, it feel terrible to write this out in public about my boy.. but I need big time advices.

I thank everyone in advance for reading and to respond with some advice.

Replies

• huntersmama711
    February 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM
    You need to get him in counseling. There's something serious going on with him that he needs help with. I'm sorry for what you're going through, and I pray he gets the help he needs
  • KZuz
    by KZuz
    February 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    I'd take him to see someone so you can rule out if he was just all talk... or if it's something serious!
  • pamelax3
    February 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I would have him talk to some one, has he seen something with bombs? Does he even realize what he said? He is very young and may have been copying someone to fit in

• goddess99
    February 12, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Welcome.

The schools have to react the way they did just for safety sake because of the world we live in but they know a 5 year old isn't going to do anything, like that anyway. Just continue to remind him to not say things like that because it makes people nervous.

Alot of kindergartners don't have friends and many don't really make friends til years later. I'm sure if you were actually there and watched you'd see that kids play with him, all the kids play with eachother. School is a new experience for most of them. he'll be fine, he'll make friends later.

• HolaMami
    February 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Thank you for responding back.

and yes, he does see alot of cartoons, batman, spiderman....most moms may agree that those cartoons have nothing good for our boys and yet some of us don't prevent this until we see the damage it does to young age boys. almost sure that he got this ideas from this kind of cartoons. I am going to watch closely the cartoons he is watching. I wonder if by doing this it should be enought.

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    This

Quoting pamelax3:

I would have him talk to some one, has he seen something with bombs? Does he even realize what he said? He is very young and may have been copying someone to fit in

• stressed-mom
    February 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    I dont that it would b a bad idea for him 2 c some 1. And also mayb find out if smthing is going on at school r they bulling him, just dig deep n the situtation n keep talkin to him. And also with evrything thats going kids do talk. We thing bcause they so young that they dnt no they no more than we think. My prayers r with u.
  • momamanda
    February 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM

My nephew, last year in pre-k told the kids on the bus that he was going to bring a gun to school and shoot everyone. He said he knew how because he saw the guns in his dad's magazine(a hunting magazine) Of course they had to react to it and he did get in trouble but obviously he didn't mean anything by it. THen again he doesn't have a problem making friends and is very outgoing. Having him talk to the school counselor might not be a bad idea. Not for the BOMB comment just to help with his friendship problem!

• SlapItHigh
    February 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    Sorry you are going through this. I agree with taking him to get counseling. Are you religious?
  • splatz
    by splatz
    February 13, 2013 at 2:00 AM
    I would definitely look into counseling.
    As far as the friend issue... is he just a quiet kid and that is why he doesn't have a lot of friends? Or are kids just being mean to him?