Featured Posts
true-love-21
My one year old keeps waking up in the middle of the night to play
February 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

with his toys. Im not sure what to do at this point bc he is very cranky throughout the day and just wont listen to a thing i say. What do i do? He has a box of toys, should i put the box in my bedroom while he sleeps? Either way its not going to prevente him from getting up in the middle of the night bc sometimes he goes and turns the tv on. Yes, he knows how to turn the t.v on lol. He is almost two. I caught him last night and he had all his blankets off the bed and pillows, idk know what he was even doing. He doesnt cry when he gets up like this either, he just goes about and does his own thing. Im worryed bc what if he trys to go outside one night???

Replies

• Zindagi511
    February 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I used to put a baby door knob protector thing on the inside of my son's door so he couldn't open the door. (This was usually when I put him to bed but I'd usually open it back up when I went to check on him when I went to bed).  This way, he can't do anything but hang out in his room and when he gets bored, he goes back to sleep

• katemckenzie
    February 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My mom put a cow bell on my door when I was little because I was a sleep walker, and that woke her up.

• Sierra222
    February 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    Well I've have that problem with my three year old an she doesn't take naps. I just try wearing her out so she is super tired.
  • alimorgan
    February 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM

when my daughter turned 1 we had to stop naps or she would wake up at night, we did have an incident of her unlocking the door and going through the gate and down the road when she was 2 scariest thing every i was hysterical when I couldn't find her.Luckily a neighbor friend  saw her and brought her back to us, took her and my husband forever to calm me down I couldn't stop crying,

It was hard stopping naps but when she got adjusted she slept all night . we bought locks that went at the top of our doors were she could not reach them and i lfet snaks on the table she could get to so she wouldn't climb on chairs or tables to access cabinets, Hnstly this all worked, Never happened again! 

• meliscool72
    February 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Well I was going to say put the toys in the livingroom but not now LOL. However, if you have an old fashion tv then take the knob off when you go to bed. Also, try getting him to have a lot of fun during the day and not really letting him have a break from fun and "exercise" might help him. I can't say it will because I had my kids at the park for 5 hours and they just ran around and sweated so much and then came home and still have energy. Maybe a baby gate might work on his door? I don't know what will really help so I am not really good at this question

• zacmacsmomm
    February 13, 2013 at 8:44 AM

My daughter used to do that, she would wander the house.  We finally just put a gate up at her door.  When she crawled over that, we stacked the gates lol.  It worked for her

• MusherMaggie
    February 13, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    No nap during the day, but plenty of play and exercise. A good bedtime routine, one that is predictable.
  • true-love-21
    February 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM

lol that would be a great idea but....this little snot gets the remote and presses the power button, and if the remotes not there, he will press the power button on side of tv!!!!! I was thinking to put tv on input bc he doesnt know how to get that off.

Quoting meliscool72:

Well I was going to say put the toys in the livingroom but not now LOL. However, if you have an old fashion tv then take the knob off when you go to bed. Also, try getting him to have a lot of fun during the day and not really letting him have a break from fun and "exercise" might help him. I can't say it will because I had my kids at the park for 5 hours and they just ran around and sweated so much and then came home and still have energy. Maybe a baby gate might work on his door? I don't know what will really help so I am not really good at this question

• meliscool72
    February 13, 2013 at 3:31 PM

LOL that might work or unplug it from it's source and if it is on a 6 pack then unplug that if it doesn't cause an alarm not to go off if it is unplugged. 

Quoting true-love-21:

lol that would be a great idea but....this little snot gets the remote and presses the power button, and if the remotes not there, he will press the power button on side of tv!!!!! I was thinking to put tv on input bc he doesnt know how to get that off.

Quoting meliscool72:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN