It wouldn't be Valentine's Day without sweet treats. And sweet treats wouldn't be Valentine's Day-y in they weren't decorated with adorable red hearts.
If you want to make a little something special for your partner,
friends, or kids this Thursday (but don't feel like spending 100 hours
baking and preparing), look no further than this incredibly easy, really impressive-looking Valentine's Day Heart Cupcake Recipe. So cute!
Valentine's Day Heart Cupcakes With Pink Frosting
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar (if you like your cupcakes very sweet, add a little more.)
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
2 drops red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 375; line muffin cups with papers.
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. Add flour (mixed with baking powder and salt) alternating with milk. Beat well; stir in vanilla.
4. Divide evenly among pans and bake for 18 minutes. Let cool in pans.
1. Blend sugar, salt and flavoring. Add just enough water to make it easy to spread. Add 2 drops red food coloring and mix well.