Featured Posts
vinalex0581
Can spanking a 7 year old really embarass the child?
February 10, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Even if it's just the one parent and child in the room?

Replies

• zacmacsmomm
    March 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM

He's 7, they don't really have that long of an attention span lol.  As someone else said they tend to be on the more spontaneous side.  One of the best ways to instill appropriate behavior is to praise and reward good behavior.  I worked at a pre-school and we had rules during snack time.  If I noticed a child not following the rules I would praise another child for following said rule  I would say something like "Thank you John for chewing with our mouth closed" or something like that.  Anyways the child that maybe forgot that rule would take notice and follow it.  Of course I praised the child when they did as they were expected.  I never did "star charts" with my kids, never been that oranized.  But I always tried my best to pay close attention to desireable behaviors.  I also had negative consequence for bad behavior.  As far as spanking goes.  Everyone has their own opinons  on it.  I had my ass swatted a time or two growing up, not a lot, but on occasion.  I can say that I was never afraid to go to my parents for anything, I always trusted them, I had a healthy fear of consequences, I was always held accountable for my actions.  As far as I'm concerned, my parents are the best.  I am still very close with them.  Regardless of what form of discipline a parent uses, it will NOT work if all the child gets is negative attention.  There is NO incentive to make good choices when it goes un-noticed.  This too shall pass mom! :)

• Mrs.Bolin
    March 13, 2013 at 2:19 AM

i could care less if it embarrases my child. They figure it out real fast. I got a good ol swat on the butt as a kid and it works. I didnt disrespect much. My kids act up enough then they are gonna get one. At least i didnt have my moms grandmother around when i was a kid. She would go get a switch off the bush get after them with it. She didnt play.lol. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN