Featured Posts
mishlerdr24
Maid of Honor duties???
February 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM

My friend from high school and I have been getting real close in the last 9 months. She got engaged in December and asked me to be in her wedding. Well today I figured out that she meant for me to be her Maid of Honor, which I am very honored to do, now that I got to  thinking about it I know the maid of honor has a lot of responsilbities and I'm now freaking out! I have no idea what those duties are!! I know the bachorlette party andthe whole wedding part on taking care of the bride on her day and making sure everything goes smoothly and giving a speech, but what are my duties before the wedding?   Any ideas and help is greatly appreciative!

Replies

• goddess99
    February 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Bump

I honestly don't know. I was never a maid of honor and we eloped so I never had 1 either.

• cookinmommyof1
    February 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    Wish i could help. I was moh at my sisters first wedding but didnt much besides the bachelorette party and a speech at the reception.
  • Chilandra
    February 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Your responsibilities should be discussed with the bride.  She sets the tone for the role you play.  I was a maid of honor twice and trust me the brides were different. 

Typically the maid of honor is in support of the couple as a couple not just the bride.

Here's a checklist for a maid of honor - http://www.realsimple.com/weddings/planning/maid-honor-checklist-00000000000204/index.html

• baileymarie723
    February 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
    Google "maid of honor duties" and a bunch of websites will pop up with what your duties would be.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN