my4loves4
back child support to collections?
February 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My ex owes about 500.00 in back child support, he said they sent a paper saying they sent it to collections. So he plans on filing bankrupcy so he dosent have to pay it or any of his other bills back.

Do they really send back CS to collections now? How far behind do they have to be to take it out of their taxes? Can he really do that? Anyone else been through this?

Replies

• goddess99
    February 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM

My ex is thousands behind, never went to collections. I just get his taxes every year.

• my4loves4
    February 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM

thats what i thought, i never heard of them sending it to collections. i think he read it wrong, maybe they were saying they were collecting from his taxes or something.

Quoting goddess99:

My ex is thousands behind, never went to collections. I just get his taxes every year.

• Bella14308
    February 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    Same here... both my exs owe thousands... combined they owe me 14,000. I just get their taxes every year

Quoting goddess99:

• goddess99
    February 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Yeah maybe, I've read lots of forms from them and some are confusing if you're not familiar.

Quoting my4loves4:

thats what i thought, i never heard of them sending it to collections. i think he read it wrong, maybe they were saying they were collecting from his taxes or something.

Quoting goddess99:

• MistressMinerva
    February 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

They don't send Child Support to collections. He will always owe that no matter if he files Bankruptcy or not. They will just take his income taxes from him and you will get that.

• xxjadedhaloxx
    February 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

My ex is almost 6000 behind and the court order was done not even a year ago.

• splatz
    by splatz
    February 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I'm pretty sure if they owe any back child support it should come out of his taxes. But, my ex husband was close to like $1,200 behind once tax time rolled around last year so maybe I am wrong there. 

I haven't heard anything about them going to collections. But I would imagine every state does something different.

• mmtosam06
    February 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    What is he smoking? It doesn't go to collections it comes out of his tax check.
  • Shaybay218
    February 9, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Lmao...He wishes!

• Shadow17
    February 9, 2013 at 3:19 AM

My yougest son's dad was $54,000 behind he didn't start paying until our son was 16. No collections there, he  also owes for at least two other children. He has never gotten his income tax money, and was making double payments for the last three years, and still owes thousands of dollars, just to me alone not counting the others and the state.