Featured Posts
MomofaGamer
Can't help myself!
February 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Whenever ds or I develop a rash -- which is pretty common b/c we both have allergies, eczema (ds), and rosacea (me) -- I find myself on Google Images trying to diagnose them. Have you ever searched anything rash-related on Google Images? So gross. Sometimes I find helpful info (which is why I use the resource), but often, like today, I completely regret my attempts at self-managed care via Google. I also feel terrible for the people whose rash-fameinfamy ranks in Google search... Word to the wise: never let a physician with a camera anywhere near you or your kids!

Anybody else turn to Google (or Bing etc.) before making an appointment with a doctor? 

Replies

• goddess99
    February 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I only turn to google if I plan not to go to the doctor.

• annasmom1234
    February 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Yes, and then wish I hadn't!

• splatz
    by splatz
    February 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    Lol... dr google always thoroughly freaks me out. I try to avoid it.
  • saltycoqui
    February 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    I have used webmd.com to gather information and questions I can ask a doctor. I have also used that site to look up medications and their side effects.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    February 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    I do too.

Quoting saltycoqui:

I have used webmd.com to gather information and questions I can ask a doctor. I have also used that site to look up medications and their side effects.

• tinakinakins
    February 10, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    I used web MD only to discover I was dying from occasional stomach pain.
  • preacherskid
    February 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I prefer medhelp.org.  I use it to look up what a doctor has prescribed or diagnosed, it also has a number of support communities :)

• MomofaGamer
    February 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM

How are you doing? 

Quoting tinakinakins:

• tinakinakins
    February 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    I'm good. I was only joking though. WebMd always diagnoses the simplest ailment as a death sentence or serious disease .

Quoting MomofaGamer:

How are you doing? 

Quoting tinakinakins:

• MomofaGamer
    February 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I'm so glad you were joking!! I can be quite literal-minded at times...sometimes it creates problems for me. :P Thank you for following up. :)

Quoting tinakinakins:

I'm good. I was only joking though. WebMd always diagnoses the simplest ailment as a death sentence or serious disease .

Quoting MomofaGamer:

How are you doing? 

Quoting tinakinakins:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts