Featured Posts
EmysMom0117
Putting An End To Breastfeeding?
February 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
So Emerie turned 1 on January 17. She refuses to take a bottle or cup! I have been breastfeeding since I gave birth and now we can be out public and she tugg down my blouse to get to my breast. I tried to wing her off but I gave in to what she wanted. When do you finally just say enough is enough to breastfeeding?!

Replies

• cookinmommyof1
    February 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM
    My ds self weened at about a year. You might check out theleakyboob.com. they have great info, and if you find them on facebook there's lots of great tips and tricks. Good luck!
  • Janet
    by Janet
    February 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I breastfed past a year. Mine wouldn't take a cup or bottle either. It was a slow process for us. I got her down to just night time nursing. That was the hardest for her to give up.

• SlapItHigh
    February 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    I waited untiline were ready to stop on their own. My first weaned just before he turned 2. My second weaned just before he turned 3. My third is 3 and hasn't weaned yet. We do full term nursing instead of premature weaning like us pushes in the US. Weaning before age 2 has risks for the child and the mother.
  • EmysMom0117
    February 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    I have been trying to wait on her since it's such a major change for her. I want whats best for her. It's just a little embarrassing when we are out public and she fall out for it. I'm giving the website a view to see what advice they have.
  • Shaybay218
    February 9, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I weaned my daughter at around 9 months....Kinda glad I did..

• MusherMaggie
    February 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    It can be limited after age one--check kellymom.com for articles on nursing toddlers, nursing manners, and weaning.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts