Featured Posts
splatz
Ear piercings for babies/toddlers?
by splatz
February 7, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Just curious... I have noticed that almost everyone I know pierces their little girls ears when they are an infant. And I have seen quite a few toddler boys with ear piercings as well. 

Did you pierce your childs ears as a baby/toddler? Why?

If you didn't pierce your childs ears, why not? And do you plan on letting them chose to pierce them when they are older? Do you have an age in mind that you feel they would be able to make that choice?

Replies

• splatz
    by splatz
    February 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    Ouch! You would think it would hurt enough so that kids wouldnt keep doing it.

Quoting goddess99:

I did when Z was a toddler and when she would go to bed she would mess with them so now the holes are stretched out. You can't see it now, but you could years ago, so now she can't wear earrings. Just clip ons.

• splatz
    by splatz
    February 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    Do her piercings still look ok now as an adult? Mine have now ended up crooked. I think my ears must have grown funny or something lol

Quoting Janet:

I had my daughters ears pierced before she turned one years old. She didn't mess them and she did fine.

• splatz
    by splatz
    February 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    I think that 13 seems like a good age for ears. My mom let me get my belly button pierced at that age and I was able to understand and care for it myself. However I sort of wish I hadnt done it now lol. But ears are a bit different. My SO and I plan to let our daughter choose whether she wants them or not when shes older. Just haven't decided at what age. 13 has a good ring to it though. :)

Quoting annasmom1234:

No, we didn't get my dd's ears pierced.  In fact, she just got them pierced a few months ago when she turned 13.  I just feel like the child should be old enough to be be responsible for taking care of cleaning, turning, etc. the earrings when they are put in.  I had too much other stuff to worry about when she was an infant/toddler to have an extra job.  When dd turned 13, we made a fun day of it, and had a blast!

• goddess99
    February 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

You would think but her threshold for pain is pretty high.

Quoting splatz:

Ouch! You would think it would hurt enough so that kids wouldnt keep doing it.

Quoting goddess99:

I did when Z was a toddler and when she would go to bed she would mess with them so now the holes are stretched out. You can't see it now, but you could years ago, so now she can't wear earrings. Just clip ons.

• vrbtnseele
    February 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    My daughter got hers at 3 months. She loves them. She likes being like auntie who is three years older than her.
  • redbutterfly666
    February 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    Since I only have a boy no we didnt pierce his ears but if he wants to at any time in the future ill take him to get them done
  • splatz
    by splatz
    February 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    I agree. That is something they will have to live with for life and I rather my children choose for themselves. My ex husband wanted to get our sons ear pierced when he was 3. And he was just going to do it during visitation since I said no. Thankful that he pulled his head out of his butt lol

Quoting LOVE_mygirls58:

Nope I refuse to until they ask me they want them done.  I just don't believe in putting holes in your children unless they want them done. 

My oldest actually thanked me lol she is 7 and still is not ready she said maybe when she is 10 =)

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    I'd wait till it was something they wanted which makes me a but if a hypocrite since both my boys were circumsized at birth. But oh well!
  • splatz
    by splatz
    February 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    How old is she now? Did you have any problems with them when they were done?

Quoting vrbtnseele:

My daughter got hers at 3 months. She loves them. She likes being like auntie who is three years older than her.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    February 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    Haha... I sort of wondered if this would pop into the debate!

Quoting AleaKat:

I'd wait till it was something they wanted which makes me a but if a hypocrite since both my boys were circumsized at birth. But oh well!
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts