You find out interesting things when you have sons, like
1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.
2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.
5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan hit a baseball a long way.
6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words uh oh, it's already too late.
8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
10.) The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5-minute response time.
11.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.
12.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
13.) Super glue is forever.
14.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
15.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
16.) VCR's do not eject PB & J sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
17.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
18.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
19.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
20.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.
25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
1. Always look before you sit down on the sofa or lay down on the bed. I never knew how much plastic army men or legos really hurt until I sat on them.
2. Watch were you step. Boys love to crawl around on the floor and if you are not careful you will accidentally step on his hand, foot, or get tripped up when he tries to crawl between your legs while you are walking.
3. Boys always seem to do the last part of #2 when you are carrying something big like a large pile of laundry, or hot like a hot platter of food to the table.
4. Love hurts. Especially when you ask for a hug and your 5 year old son runs to you and slams his head really hard into your abdomen. Ouch.
5. Boys, for some reason love headbutting mommy and daddy. Especially in the rear end.
I have pulled melted plastic BLOBS out of my oven when my boys were little! lol I saved the really cool one. It is now a little over 20 years old! We believe it was their 'Little People'(Fisher Price) because it's VERY colorful and we never saw most of their little people again after that.
I have also heard the toilet flush and heard the words "Uh-Oh". That turned out to be the leg and arm of a Ninja Turtles Action Figure. Plugged up the works pretty good! Grrr!!
I'm sure there are more but those two stand out the most. I now have my first grandson coming (in May) so it has caused me to skip down memory lane with my ddil a bit. I think I've got her a little scared! lol Oops!!