Proud2bamomma
DH Traveling for work..
February 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM

So dh just got offered a job doing construction on "clean rooms".. great benefits, good pay, with rom for growth. The catch? He travels. When they send him out it will be for 2 weeks at a time. We havent spent even one night apart since getting together, and we are used to him working only a part time job. I know this job will be awesome for us financially, but personally I am freaking out right now. How do you ladies who have a out of town husband do it?!

Replies

• proudmommy03457
    February 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    My dh works in sheet metal and has to go out of town sometimes Monday-Friday home Saturday and Sunday. I use to hate it:( I have three small children and hate being home alone at night(big baby I know lol) plus I miss him so so much. I just tell myself he has to what he has to do to provide for us. I eventually got use to it. Luckily he has been having alot of work in town work here lately so that's been great:)
  • goddess99
    February 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Congrats on his new job. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to get used to.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    February 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

My dh doesn't leave town for work and with two kids it just wouldn't work for us.

• delanna6two
    February 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Hugs....hope things work out...

• jynkx
    by jynkx
    February 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM

mine gets sent out of town sometimes for a few days, its not our favorite but it pays the bills.  he hates it.

• babynurse454
    February 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    In our house Im.the one that does all the traveling, dh travels about 3-4 times a year. Sometimes it is nice, for both of us as long as we are not gone for to long.
  • becky.riley
    February 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I wish when my husband had to leave for work it was for only two weeks at a time. It's usually six months or more. It will be tough at first, but once you get used to it and get a routine, it isn't as bad as you imagine it to be. Sure you will be lonely and you will miss him, but trust me two weeks isn't really that long.

• shadow_lark
    February 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    I work on hobbies that have gone by the wayside. Nurture friendships and stay busy while he is gone. The days that he is home I leave a clear schedule if possible so that we can have family time.
  • OliviasMommy611
    February 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    Hugs
  • OliviasMommy611
    February 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    And Skype will be your friend btw.