gem_mommie
Date Ideas??
February 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Okay Ladies - I need some input, PLEASE.

So hubby and I are definitely going out Valentine's Day...got the sitter, no time constraints other than he works until 4:30. We're not really doing presents...we're getting the heck outta the house together KID FREE. w00t!!! Original plan - yummy dinner at a steakhouse we love and Hansel and Gretal (sp, sorry) in 3D. Bummer; it's not showing Valentine's night. Okay so, now I've kind of gotten off on a separate tangent looking for something a little different for us to do together. We live in no-man's land! Lol. He doesn't want to travel to DC (we're near Shenandoah Valley Virginia). Closest city is Winchester. It's pretty dang cold around here right now.

Anyone want to throw some suggestions my way? I even thought of getting tattooed together, but - I don't have any clue what we would get yet. Lol. We've been thinking on that for a LONG while. Just something, different! I've searched and searched the internet, nothing comes up that's appealing in our area.

At the very least, maybe some other mamas will get some good pointers. ;)

Thanks!!

Replies

• goddess99
    February 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Are there any plays going on in your area? Maybe something like that if there's no movie you're interested in. Hope you have a fun time no matter what you do.

rose in mouth

• delanna6two
    February 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Hope all works out...

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    February 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM

One year I took my dh to make pottery lol, he actually got into it! But I know its hard bc the movies is our go to!

• gem_mommie
    February 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Okay, there's a pretty neat set-up at the Alamo Drafthouse that's close to us. They have dinner and movie that includes a 4 course meal, a rose in a vase, chocolates and a drink each followed by a showing of "Safe Haven." It ends up being $135 for both of us. Not bad - but, we really could go to our favorite steakhouse, have an awesome meal and then go to the movies and spend like $50 less. I think the idea of the chocolates, drinks and rose all with a special dinner and showing of the movie is what's really appealing though.

I wish we were closer to a comedy or jazz club or even a theatre. If he had the next day off I'd say we could road trip to Pennsylvania and get some amazing authentic cheese steaks and stay at a random hotel for the night.

Thanks ladies!!

• Ani2013
    by Ani2013
    February 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Hi, I recently registered at cafe mom but have been a long time reader :) I saw your post for valentine's night and couldn't help responding. I'd love to watch movies too on valentine's night - but there aren't any good ones!! Me and my hubby were thinking of camping (west coast), but its still cold, so the idea might just fizzle out. Why don't you try one of these movies - I know they aren't anywhere close to what you want to see, but still:

Shanghai Calling - romantic comedy, releases on Feb 8

Identity Thief - released on Feb 1, don't know if it'll still be playing, but is a pretty funny chic-flick (I love chic-flicks) movie.

Don't know if this helps, but good luck! And happy Valentine :)

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    Have a great time whatever you choose!
  • splatz
    by splatz
    February 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Hmm.. I honestly have NO idea lol. Hope you have a blast though!

• emily0004
    February 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    You could go ice skating. :)
  • gem_mommie
    February 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Thank you! Good luck with the camping endeavor, I hope it works out for you. We LOVE to camp together - but anything getting us away for a day is always appreciated. :)

We actually decided last night (if I don't come up with anything special) that we would see Identity Theft and I made reservations at the steakhouse I mentioned. I think we may wait until we have a better opportunity for more time and take off to Pennsylvania for a night to grab some cheesesteaks and check out a few local favorites. ;)

Quoting Ani2013:

Hi, I recently registered at cafe mom but have been a long time reader :) I saw your post for valentine's night and couldn't help responding. I'd love to watch movies too on valentine's night - but there aren't any good ones!! Me and my hubby were thinking of camping (west coast), but its still cold, so the idea might just fizzle out. Why don't you try one of these movies - I know they aren't anywhere close to what you want to see, but still:

Shanghai Calling - romantic comedy, releases on Feb 8

Identity Thief - released on Feb 1, don't know if it'll still be playing, but is a pretty funny chic-flick (I love chic-flicks) movie.

Don't know if this helps, but good luck! And happy Valentine :)

• gem_mommie
    February 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM

You know, thats a really cute idea and I like it...but I can't see him EVER going for that. lol. Maybe if I offered to play ice hockey? Just cuz it's rough and violent. lol. ;) Thank you!!

Quoting emily0004:

You could go ice skating. :)