Featured Posts
my4loves4
govement borrowing from child support?!?Another Update (in green)
February 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM

In the past 6 weeks I have only received 36.00 total. I am supposed to get 43.00 per week. When i called to ask what was going on all they said was "you will get all you money back" but would not explain where the money was. Today I had to explain to my landlod why i was short on rent, she said every mom that rents from her had the same problem, apparently the goverment needed to borrow the money for something!!!!! Luckily i dont fully depend on my child support but i know alot of moms do, isn't there somewhere else to borrow the money from besides single moms!?! Or at least WARN us so we can have backup plans!

Its one thing for a week or so, but 6 weeks????

I am not recieveing 36.00 per week, that is all i have been given total in the 6 weeks. I know they are taking the correct amount out of his checks, I had him show me his pay stubs.  I am not the only one this happened to, It has affected everyone in my town that receives childsupport, The Child support office will not explain where the money went o when we will get it back, they just claim we will be payed back.

My mom just called and said she had metioned it to someone at work, and they had seen it on the news. So I'm guessing its the whole state (indiana) Theres are multiple lawsuits agianst the goverment now because of it....I knew it had to be wrong. Look at it this way, Child support comes straight fom the mans check to the mother. It is in no way goverment aid, it is a man providing for his childen he helped create. So by taking our child support there pretty much just dipping there hand into the mans paychecks. They already take taxes out, they have no right to just decide they need the money more and take what they want. If thats the case then where is the line? Who says they cant just decide to take it out of your paycheck one day?

Replies

• my4loves4
    February 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM

The only thing we all have in common as a group is we are all SAHM... but why would they take from moms with no other income themselves? (I'm not including boyfriends or husbands incomes)

Quoting jackieb2811:

I am a SAHM I do use Medical from welfare and no I was never married to my kids father. I am not single but not married either.

Quoting my4loves4:

I wonder if we all have something in common, why their taking it from us and not others. Do you work or are you a SAHM? Are you on medicaid or anything like that? Are you single, or divorced from the person who pays CS?

Quoting jackieb2811:

I think I am about to give my domestics division a call! I want to know where the money for my kids is! I am supposed to receive 150.00 every 2 weeks and when it is deposited it ends up being 138.00. It was 147.00 at first but in the last oh I would say 6ish months it had been lower the last deposite was 135.00. My twins father says the whole amount is being taken out so why the hell am I not getting it! I know it is only 15 or so  dollars but it adds up and I use it on my kids!

• jackieb2811
    February 8, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Yeah that would be some bullshit!!!! Maybe they figure single SAHMs should be working so taking from us will force us to work! No thanks lol I like being a SAHM I am 25 weeks pregnant and SO makes enough to support us but to take money that I spend on my kids (since they don't even know how I spend it in the first place) is messed up.

Quoting my4loves4:

The only thing we all have in common as a group is we are all SAHM... but why would they take from moms with no other income themselves? (I'm not including boyfriends or husbands incomes)

Quoting jackieb2811:

I am a SAHM I do use Medical from welfare and no I was never married to my kids father. I am not single but not married either.

Quoting my4loves4:

I wonder if we all have something in common, why their taking it from us and not others. Do you work or are you a SAHM? Are you on medicaid or anything like that? Are you single, or divorced from the person who pays CS?

Quoting jackieb2811:

I think I am about to give my domestics division a call! I want to know where the money for my kids is! I am supposed to receive 150.00 every 2 weeks and when it is deposited it ends up being 138.00. It was 147.00 at first but in the last oh I would say 6ish months it had been lower the last deposite was 135.00. My twins father says the whole amount is being taken out so why the hell am I not getting it! I know it is only 15 or so  dollars but it adds up and I use it on my kids!

• my4loves4
    February 8, 2013 at 12:24 AM

agreed, i just had my second child, a daughter 3 months ago, im not ready to go back to work. i wasnt able to be a SAHM with my son at that age, so i'm going to enjoy it now!

Quoting jackieb2811:

Yeah that would be some bullshit!!!! Maybe they figure single SAHMs should be working so taking from us will force us to work! No thanks lol I like being a SAHM I am 25 weeks pregnant and SO makes enough to support us but to take money that I spend on my kids (since they don't even know how I spend it in the first place) is messed up.

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN