Jessica0930
Serious Phobia!?
February 4, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I was just curious if any moms out there had/have a phobia of something? Mine is Emetophobia. It is a fear of vomit. I am okay with spit up. But when it comes to stomach bugs and actual throw up I freak out. At one point in my life I told myself i would never have kids because of the fear and i didnt want to put them through my phobia. It controls my everyday life and I have tried to get help but honestly I have been looked at as rediculous. I dont know how to get rid of it. Does anyone other moms have the same phobia? Or a different phobia? How do you handle it?

Replies

• JasonsMom2007
    February 6, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    I used to be afraid of being afraid. Crazy right?
  • lovehimforever
    February 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM
    My SD is terrified of ballons

Quoting DragonMother10:

When I was a little girl, I used to be terrified of balloons, mostly because I didn't like the popping sound, and also fireworks. When I was a baby, my brother popped a giant balloon and it ended up traumatizing me. They don't bother me anymore, but sometimes the pop makes me a bit uncomfortable.

• lovehimforever
    February 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM
    I'm afraid of little people.
  • sweetmomma326
    February 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I am scared of millipedes, centipedes.. I cry and cringe.

• DragonMother10
    February 6, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    Really? I am not so much anymore, but they still make me a bit nervous.

Quoting lovehimforever:

My SD is terrified of ballons

Quoting DragonMother10:

When I was a little girl, I used to be terrified of balloons, mostly because I didn't like the popping sound, and also fireworks. When I was a baby, my brother popped a giant balloon and it ended up traumatizing me. They don't bother me anymore, but sometimes the pop makes me a bit uncomfortable.