goddess99
February Chat
February 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Happy February Ladies!! You can talk about whatever you want here.

holding balloons

Replies

• goddess99
    February 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Guess we're not having the coffee break...hmm ?

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    February 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM

This month has been a little crazy for us! Hope March is better! : )

• rdh2013
    by rdh2013
    February 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Anyone else's kids ever been terrified to get their head wet (while washing hair). My 3 year old daughter screams at the top of her lungs when I rinse her hair. Even if nothing gets in her face. :-\ Anyone had this happen to them? Please, any suggestions to make it a smoother process would be great.

• goddess99
    February 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM

My dd went through that stage. But that was a long time ago, I can't remember what I did. You might want to make a post so more people will see your question.

Quoting rdh2013:

Anyone else's kids ever been terrified to get their head wet (while washing hair). My 3 year old daughter screams at the top of her lungs when I rinse her hair. Even if nothing gets in her face. :-\ Anyone had this happen to them? Please, any suggestions to make it a smoother process would be great.

• saltycoqui
    February 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Quoting rdh2013:

In my case my kids didn't want to wet their faces, when washing their hair. So I used a washcloth . I followed that,when I next washed their hair, using a cup to pour directly on their head. And sometimes letting them pour the water, or use the washcloth themselves for abit. 

Take into consideration if the child has a sensitive scalp. 

Another thing I tried was letting them was the head of a doll. Good luck. 

I

• splatz
    by splatz
    February 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM

My little brother was like this. He had a lot of issues with his ears & would flip out about water being near his head. I used a wash cloth to wash his hair when he would really freak out. It took forever and probably didn't clean his hair very well lol.. but it worked. 

Quoting rdh2013:

• splatz
    by splatz
    February 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    Quoting saltycoqui:

Quoting rdh2013:

In my case my kids didn't want to wet their faces, when washing their hair. So I used a washcloth . I followed that,when I next washed their hair, using a cup to pour directly on their head. And sometimes letting them pour the water, or use the washcloth themselves for abit. 

Take into consideration if the child has a sensitive scalp. 

Another thing I tried was letting them was the head of a doll. Good luck. 

I

Oh! So I wasn't totally crazy with the washcloth idea! lol
  • splatz
    by splatz
    February 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM
    I should be folding a giant pile of laundry. Zero motivation to do so...
  • Janet
    by Janet
    February 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    Me too. I hate folding laundry.

Quoting splatz:

I should be folding a giant pile of laundry.
    Zero motivation to do so...