Featured Posts
shannon123123
tired of hearing about autism through vaccines
January 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM

vaccines were never proved to cause or lead to autism in any way and it is ridiculous some people are risking their children's health by not getting them vaccinated.

Replies

• SlapItHigh
    February 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM

There's been some evidence that Wakedield was framed. Also, that's not the only study that has shown a connection. There is research showing that the aborted fetal cells in some vaccines is linked to Autism, not the mercury which is what Wakefield thought. 

• Janet
    by Janet
    February 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

The vaccine/autism connection isn't one that's ever really concerned me but it doesn't bother me when others care about that.  The safety of vaccines has never been proven or even studied.

• DixieFlower
    February 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM

First and foremost vaccines do not 100% prevent anything they are given for. As proven by the measles outbreak in Florida "Mesles outbreak in vaccinated children" Second the MMR contains a weakened live virus which can give your child measles or the virus can shed and your vaccinated child can now spread measles for a certain time after they've been vaccinated. I actually got measles after a booster vaccination exactly one week after the booster.  Third there has been a study that talks about how vaccines may cause a child who is predispositions to Autism to end up with Autism. That the vaccine "triggers" Autism.  Now with all that being said I do vaccinate my children however, we practice delayed vaccinations.  What I feel is right for my children though may not be right for another family. If I was in a different living situation I'd probably also selectively vaccinate. Each family needs to do their own research and determine what's best for their family.

• Megz93
    by Megz93
    February 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    even if the study were true, I would rather have an autistic child than a dead one. and it's hard to prove that the vaccines "trigger" autism as opposed to other things (how do we know it wouldn't have happened anyway?). I think people tend to blame vaccines just because most kids get them so it LOOKS like a cause, when it might have nothing to do with it.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts