Had a dr appt today with the dr who deliver ds via emergence c-section. He asked if I had decided to try vbac or just go with another c-section. I've been thinking and can't decide. The paper he gave me outlined the risks of each. The one im mainly worried about is the risk of uterine rupture during an attempted vbac. I know the risks of c-section. With ds, my incision opened approx 2 inches on each end and I got a nasty staph infection. With a scheduled c-section the risk of infection goes down vs emergency c-section. Opinions and past experiences are welcome
I had my twins (first babies) by c section 5 years ago the recovery from that was painful but really it was ok I healed wonderful and the pain was gone in a few days. I opted for another c section this time becuase I feel my risks are more with a vbac since I am on blood thinners to prevent another blood clot this pregnancy. I had a Left Ovarian Vein blood clot. Anyhow I also know what to expect and how I will feel and I am hoping this recovery will be less painful since I have already been cut before! I don't want to ruin my stomach and vagina lol but I have been somewhat back and forth on what I really want! I need to have it planned out because I need my twins to be with their dad when I go and SO is taking off and he needs to take vaca in advance so the fact that planning it is more convenient works best for everyone!
Thanks everyone for the replies. I don't have a decision yet, but don't have to decide until feb 21st. That's my next appt, and the dr wanted the informed consent form then. Reading these stories help.
No 2 c-sections are the same, just as no 2 vaginal births are the same. Technically speaking the risks are greater having a c-section then they are having a vaginal birth or even a VBAC. You can still have uterine rupture even if you haven't have a VBAC.