petchickens
Need more Mama buddies
January 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Okay, so I know I'm eccentric. I know that my idea of a good time involves working in the community garden or hanging out with my chickens and fertalizing my vegetable garden that is in our front yard. Yes my husband plays the accordion and yes I bake my own bread. Do not get me wrong-I am no hippy. I understand and appreciate a good shopping spree and a Starbucks coffee-I'm just a little crunchier than some people. Basically, what I'm getting at is this; I am having a damn hard time finding Mama friends. I just don't know if I'm the playgroups sort of person. To be honest, I'm nervous. I don't like being judged and I've heard from other online moms that these groups are rather cliquey. Oh fart. I'm doomed. There has got to be other Mamas out there that make Kale chips and sew their own babies pants!

Replies

• IansMommy2012
    January 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    I wish I could sew :) instead I crochet :))) pleased to meet you :) I'm Erica.
  • petchickens
    January 30, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    Hi Erica! I like to crochet too! Check out the website Purl Bee I think it is!
  • goddess99
    January 30, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Hi welcome to the group. You are bound to find moms like you on CafeMom. Good luck in your search =)

• auntangelofsix
    January 30, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Hi
    welcome
  • Janet
    by Janet
    January 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    Hello, welcome to the group! There are lots of. friends to make on here.
  • MistressMinerva
    January 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Hi. Welcome to the group. There are lots of Moms that are just like you on here.

• wyattsmom2009
    January 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM

The only real sewing I do is reparing clothes and stuff. I would love to learn how to make my son's clothes. I also crochet. And this summer we are going to plant a garden to try and help us save some money.