jenna30
Do you think bugs like flies and spiders feel pain when we kill them?
by jenna30
January 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I smushed a spider today, and my son asked me if it hurt on the spider! What do you think? Does it hurt on the fly we swat or the spider we squish?

When you kill a bug, do you think it feels pain?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 65% - Yes
  2. 31% - No
  3. 3% - Other

Replies

• jenna30
    by jenna30
    January 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM

haha

Quoting crazyblondemom:

Yes, and I will only care about their pain if it's cute and not creepy

• jenna30
    by jenna30
    January 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Another spider found in kitchen....

• Basherte
    January 30, 2013 at 7:29 AM

If the creature has nerves, then it might hurt. 

I think flies are killed so quickly they probably don't feel it. Just like all other small insects. 

• Basherte
    January 30, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Quoting goddess99:

It's a living creature so I would think it would feel pain.

This is actually not always true. Plants are living creatures as well, yet they feel no pain. Only living beings that have nerves will feel anything at all. Then you have to wonder if they have the receptors to actually register that pain. I think mostly the ones that don't really have a brain, like lobster. The only thing the nerves do is alert the creature to objects and danger. That's it.

• Nytchan78
    January 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Would a person or like a dog or cat fell pain when kicked? Although, if we swat to kill them then maybe it happens so fast they immediately die

• MommaTasha1003
    January 30, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Ive thought about it.. I dont like killing them, but I will if needed. And as quick as possible.

Yesterday there was some type of small bug on a wall, dd ask if I was going to smack it lol.. I was like no, its not doing anything wrong..

I think it is monks? Who wont cut their grass or something but do it by hand because they do not want to bring harm to any living creature. So they dont want to hack any bugs! ??

• kristinen
    January 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Hindus dont kill bugs, and neither do Buddhists:). The Buddhist onks sweep in front of them so not to step on anything:) Do you have a fly swatter?

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Ive thought about it.. I dont like killing them, but I will if needed. And as quick as possible.

Yesterday there was some type of small bug on a wall, dd ask if I was going to smack it lol.. I was like no, its not doing anything wrong..

I think it is monks? Who wont cut their grass or something but do it by hand because they do not want to bring harm to any living creature. So they dont want to hack any bugs! ??

• kristinen
    January 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Do you swat them?

Quoting Nytchan78:

Would a person or like a dog or cat fell pain when kicked? Although, if we swat to kill them then maybe it happens so fast they immediately die

• MommaTasha1003
    January 30, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Yes I do.. But its rarely ever used.. When I need something dead, I dont have time to get a fly swatter..... And flys themself personally dont have a huge problem with them. I just swat at them to go away!

Death to all those lovely bees though! I have a huge fear of bees & they know it! Ive been trapped in my bedroom because one wanted to come in & hang out in the house before. lol

Quoting kristinen:

Hindus dont kill bugs, and neither do Buddhists:). The Buddhist onks sweep in front of them so not to step on anything:) Do you have a fly swatter?

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

• kristinen
    January 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Although a fly swatter must be (e) the best way of getting rid of a bee if your phobic? But if bees are the only bugs you kill, and you do it because of phobia, I would say your karma is pretty good:)

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Yes I do.. But its rarely ever used.. When I need something dead, I dont have time to get a fly swatter..... And flys themself personally dont have a huge problem with them. I just swat at them to go away!

Death to all those lovely bees though! I have a huge fear of bees & they know it! Ive been trapped in my bedroom because one wanted to come in & hang out in the house before. lol

Quoting kristinen:

Quoting MommaTasha1003: