Featured Posts
Nytchan78
needing a pick-me-up
January 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Every morning I'll have 1 to 2 cups of coffee outta habit, but as far as the caffine giving me any boost? Nothing. I'm pretty sure after drinking it for over 20 years, my body had to have grown tolerance for it so other than the taste, it may as well be just another warm drink. With raising an 18 year old and trying to keep the household together I've been looking for alternative boosts throughout the day and still looking. I've tried exercise in the morning and a good breakfast. Then I've tried more extreme measures like every energy drink out there. Even that little 5 hour energy shot only works for maybe 30 min on me. Any ideas?

Replies

• jazzgirl205
    January 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Try Orange Juice.

• Nytchan78
    January 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. I've tried oj and nada :(

• barneysaid
    January 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Add some espresso in your coffee. I do it often and it makes me so wired, that I want to spring clean every day =) I add a tablespoon for every cup I make but you can add as much as you like ;) 

• goddess99
    January 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I'm not sure. I don't use things to boost my energy. I have none, I've just learned to accept it lol.

• delanna6two
    January 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Walking?

• yellownes8
    January 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    A workout video? I haven't exercised lately but when I do I do Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds video and it gives me so much energy plus it's not a hard workout.
  • DixieFlower
    January 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM

How is your diet? Do you have a lot of protein? If not I'd add protein to it. They have done many studies that say caffeine doesn't really give you energy. Also as to the OJ suggestion it will be a quick up and almost just as fast down. You need something steady to sustain. Complex carbs and protein will do that.

• ChocolateJunky
    January 29, 2013 at 4:07 PM

When I was working crazy hours, I used to take a One A Day Women's vitamin with energy support. I'm not sure if I got the name right, but it definately kept me going through 10 and 12 hour shifts.

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM

How about tea.

• sue9607
    by sue9607
    January 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I suffer from the same thing, only difference is that I cannot drink caffiene at all as it causes me to have panic attacks, and boy do I love coffee.  Truth is caffiene and energy drinks wear off and leave you with a huge come down.. I suggest you try a regimine of vitamins and also green tea, regular morning excersises, for sure a shower.  Lots of water, one glass before shower and one after.  I battled this for a long time, and although the results are not immediate, you should notice a difference within a week with your energy.  Is also a help with weight loss, I actually chew the green tea leaves and swallow.  Make sure you are eating a healthy fruit based breakfast as well, hope this helped, all the best to you! :)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts