jessm84
Help!
by jessm84
January 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Hey! I am brand new here to Cafe Mom! My name is Jess I am from Minnesota. I have a tiny little lovely 4 mo old. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home and spend all day with this bundle of love! But I feel like I am going nuts! I get very lonely during the day with out anyone to talk to, and I don't really get to go out much because we just have one car. I was hoping for some advice on how others have met friends. I have been researching online for any mom groups in the area and I have not been able to find any yet. Anyone find good places to find other moms? I live by a park and we walk down there daily but its cold and snowy here so the park is dead. Thanks! Has anyone else been here? I just feel like I need some one to talk to!

Replies

• goddess99
    January 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

That's what CafeMom is for lol. Welcome to the group!

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Welcome to the group Jess. CafeMom can keep you busy. They have plenty of groups. One for moms with babies too.

• OliviasMommy611
    January 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    Welcome
  • splatz
    by splatz
    January 29, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    Welcome! I have the same problem. I never see other moms at the park or library by me. It does get lonely. :(
  • AidansMomMom
    January 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Too bad we aren't in the same state, or I'd say we should have play dates lol I need mommy friends too

• AidansMomMom
    January 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM

We can be cafemom friends if you want though :)

• blueeyes2000
    January 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    Welcome. I'm a SAHM of a three year old. When he was seven months old we moved from WI near family to a very remote area of ND with no family around. I understand feeling lonely. My hubby works during the day and has overtime every day. So I'm home with our son from 6am until 8pm or later five days a wk. I don't have mom groups or anything around where I live. If you are able to find some mom groups try them. Try getting out of the house. Hope you find something that will work for you.
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    Welcome to the group!
  • jessm84
    by jessm84
    January 30, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Thank you all for the kind words! It is great to know that I am not alone! I think the winter months just get long, I look forward to getting out more once it warms up.