Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: What Would You Do For Internet Fame?
January 29, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Warning: Graphic Topic! (Video NOT included)

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

What would you do for fifteen minutes of Internet fame?
    This past week,15 year old Giovanna Plowman posted a truly disgusting video of                       herself to You Tube, all in the hopes of gaining Internet notoriety.
                 Before you can say feminine hygenie products, the video goes viral
                                               and Giovanna is a YouTube hit.
        I have to wonder if fleeting Internet fame is worth a lifetime of being known as
                   the girl who ate the used tampon or as she is being referred to
                                               on social media,"Tampon Girl".

1. Before today, had you heard about "Tampon Girl"?
  2. Why do you think people are willing to go to extreme lengths to gain internet 'fame' or popularity?
  3.  What is the most extreme thing you or your child have done in the name of popularity?                    

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

Replies

• MaddieKate
    January 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I seriously thought someone was kidding with me when I first heard about this. How NASTY

• Knightquester
    January 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

1. Before today, had you heard about "Tampon Girl"? No, I don't follow most of these viral hits because I don't personally think they're worth watching.
    2. Why do you think people are willing to go to extreme lengths to gain internet 'fame' or popularity? I don't think a lot of parents teach their children anything anymore.  Such things as commonsense, respect for themselves, and not to do just anything to get attention are important lessons that I find a lot of children lack.
    3.  What is the most extreme thing you or your child have done in the name of popularity? Lol, nothing, guess we're just the unpopular types :-P  Oddly, neither of us are suffering over it.
  • mlg1989
    by mlg1989
    January 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    That is beyond crazy! What do her parents think of that? *gag*
  • KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    January 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    WTF?? NO WAY IN HELL..WHO CARES ABOUT ON LINE FAME..
  • BaBeezandMe
    January 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Quoting ZsMommy:

Never heard of her prior and now I just want to yack up my breakfast.throwing up

In the words of Forest Gump "Stupid is as stupid does"

• Thelmama
    January 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

My children haven't yet been caught up in the popularity trap. They are 6,9, and 12. My oldest is like people can like me for who I am or not. I am me, I am not doing anything to just make people laugh or stuff.

I can't think of anything I would do for 15 minutes of fleeting fame. Life is to precious to waste on stuff like that to me.

• Cafe MichelleP
    January 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quoting kirbymom:

Are you kidding Me? 

No, I haven't heard of this video until today.  Is it for real?  

I have never ever done anything in the name of fame or notoriety or popularity.  Never.  Neither have any of my kids.   

I sure could use a nice, hot cup of hot cocoa with creme, please.  

Thank you.  :)  

• BethanyJ
    January 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Well, vomit...that was gross, but honestly, I've seen a lot worse.  I'm seen people eat poop, have sex with animals, stuff glass jars up their butt, play with vomit....just awful things for a cheap thrill.  I don't get it, but hey, I guess whatever floats your boat? 

• kirbymom
    January 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Just what the Doctor ordered too!  lol  

Thanks Michelle.  :)   

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting kirbymom:

Are you kidding Me? 

No, I haven't heard of this video until today.  Is it for real?  

I have never ever done anything in the name of fame or notoriety or popularity.  Never.  Neither have any of my kids.   

I sure could use a nice, hot cup of hot cocoa with creme, please.  

Thank you.  :)  

• sjk_maybe_mom
    January 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM

...or a job.

My folks did a great job of teaching us to "worst case scenario" our choices before acting on them.  I can only hope I'm able to do the same with my kids.

Never heard of this prior to this post, she's obviously screaming for attention, be it positive or negative; and I don't think I ever did anything in the name of popularity.  I knew it was futile. LOL

Quoting jackies_jewels:

Wow that is so disgusting! I would never do something like that, and I don't really care about internet fame anyway. That is just ridiculous....hope the poor girl can get a date after this. o.O

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN