Featured Posts
mommieofII
R.I.P Hailey Petee...Stop the bullying..UPDATE!!!
January 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Over the weekend a beautiful little girl Hailey Petee just gave up she had fought for so long with trying to avoid the bullying and it just took a toll on her. Hailey was my brothers first wife's younger daughter. My mother called me in tears at 12.46 am Sunday morning and told me the news, Haileys mother and father were out on a date night as they do every Saturday and when they got home a little before midnight noticed their daughters light on when they walked in the most terrifying heartbreaking sight crossed their eyes, their beautiful 11 year old daughter hanging from her bunk bed, the coroner said she had been dead for a couple hours and said she did not suffer thank god.

Hailey had suffered from bullying due to add and hyperactivity. The children wouldn't leave her alone, she would come home every day crying to her mother, her mother went to the school several time and even changed her bus route and class but it still continued. She had her whole life ahead of her and because of this, her family wont be able to see her grow...

So please everyone talk to your kids about bullying and how this can affect other children, they think its funny and they don't think they are doing much harm but then something like this happens from the hurt and pain they suffer....

RIP Hailey you will be missed

UPDATE.... thanks all for the prayers and support at this saddened time of loss... Hailey was laid to rest yesterday, the services was beautiful and Hailey will be dearly missed, there were so many stories that touched everyone's heart. I really appreciate all the warm thoughts. Thank you all....

Replies

• mothervixen
    January 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    I'm so upset and mad about what happened to this innocent little girl for I too was teased almost all my school life. I wasn't just teased but physically hurt. The main thing I was teased about was my weight and because of it I wasn't able to wear the more stylish clothing even when I went to a private school I wound up getting teased because the cute guy in my grade looked beyond my outward appearance to what I was like on the inside. I didn't make any friends until HS, in fact I wound up marring my best-friend from HS.

I was raised in a christian home and was taught that if a person commits suicide no matter how good or noble they were when they were alive it would be a first class, one-way trip to hell where the demons would tease and torment you over all your insecurities for all eternity. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching at this time of loss but I'm just saying things that my parents told me.

The Disney channel is starting to put messages during their programing that talks about bulling and what to do if you're the one being bullied or if you see someone being bullied.

R.I.P Hailey Petee

photo 5.gif
  • ree511
    by ree511
    January 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I agree with others something does need to change! I'm not sure if other schools talk to the kids about bullying, but they need to be! Here in NJ, where we now have the toughest no tolerance laws due to Tyler Clamente case they have been talking to the kids. My daughter is in first grade and knows about bullying and standing up for your friends. If other states aren't doing this they need to be. this happens way to much :(

im sorry for your loss 

• ginnyk87
    January 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    I'm so sorry. I live in Ohio too and saw this on the news yesterday and it broke my heart. I was Bullied a lot in school too. I would beg my parents to let me stay home from school every day. I would get so nervous before school because these select few girls made school miserable for me. I cried all the time. People talk about how they miss school, I'm glad it is over!!!
    by 120177
    January 29, 2013 at 10:54 PM

My prays go out to the family. im sorry

• lovebugs_mom906
    January 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    I'm so sorry!
    I saw a beautiful illustration posted on FB the other day in regards to bullying. My friend was asking parents to share the illistration with thier kids. Basicaly, it was a teacher that gave a piece of paper to all her students, and told them all to crumble and fold the paper as much as they could. When they were done, she told them to straighten and smooth it out. No matter how the kids tried, they couldn't get rid of all the creases and "scars" the paper had. She then told the kids it's the same way with bullying and making fun of someone. No matter how much you apologize ( or don't), those scars remain with the person forever. It was her hope that they would see just what irreversible damage is done with words.
  • jess0315
    January 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    Omg! Sorry for your loss:-(

• StrawberryCool
    January 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    Sad.

Online bullying needs to stop as well.

Especially in this site.

Im sorry not the right post for that, but all kinds of bullying needs to end.

I was bullied growing up and remember coming home cryig or beig in fights because I had to defend myself
  • bklynmom5
    January 30, 2013 at 7:08 AM

God Bless you all in your time of sorrow!

• Bonneata
    January 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM

This is so sad and shouldn't have been happening. I hope the parents sue the school for allowing the children to continue bullying this young lady. Until the schools themselves are held criminally liable this will continue happening.  My heart goes out to the parents and family. 

• Maevelyn
    January 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM

There aren't words for the depth of this tragedy. I'm so sorry for her family, for the people who loved her. For all the days she'll miss and the wonderful good things she didnt' wait to experience. I'm sorry too for the kids that bullied her. I hope that they change and become advocates for others in the future. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN