Featured Posts
proudmommy208
mommy needing support ane advice
January 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Hello my name is Candice. I'm a proud mommy of three beautiful children. Im new here and was wondering if i could maybe get some advice.
My ten yr old is out of hand latley. Its getting hard physically, emotionaly, and mentaly to handle him anymore. I feel at my breaking point. Sometimes i even think to myself that it might be easier sending him to my moms to live. But im in fear that he would cause her stress. He doesn't want to listen. He does what he wants to. He talks and treats me like im dumb:(
He picks on his two youger sisters. Constantly argues wity my partner and i.
I feel like im stretching myself thin just to please him. While the rest of the family suffers. :(
Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• dudestfd
    January 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Yeah, knock him off his high horse, you are the mother take control of your son. Take away his games, time with friends, and if you have to give him a swift smack in the ass. Good luck ma 

• Starshine-bela
    January 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    Get him into martial arts. It teaches more than self defense if you go to a good school. He will learn self discipline, focus, respect for you and himself. You have to be as dedicated to his training as you expect him to be. When he says (and he will eventually if the teacher is doing his/her job) that he's not going, it's too hard, you need to be the parent and tell him he's going. It'll take some time but it will pay off in the end.
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    I would suggest counseling for him.
  • crystalplus1
    January 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Spank him. give him until the count of three, then if hes still acting up, spank him and put him in his room. Let him know when he can behave himself he can come out.

• sashamom03
    January 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    He's your child so I wouldn't send him to his grandma's to live, cause he will give her problems too. Does he have issues at school? I would start taking things away from him, like games, computer, tv. Grounding him from his favorites. He may need to talk to a school social worker or someone outside of the school. Talk with a pediatrician if things don't improve.
  • crystalplus1
    January 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM

why counseling? Hes being a brat, he just needs to be reminded he is a child and that behavior is not acceptable. I would not do counselling when a swift smack on the rear will get him acting right for free.

Quoting Pammi86:

• MrsKish
    by MrsKish
    January 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

i'm going through the same thing my 6 & 8yo boys

they drive me nuts angry i can't find any punishment that works for them.  spanky has been outlawed in my state, time outs don't work. i'm thinking about making them write lines. 

Quoting proudmommy208:

Hello my name is Candice. I'm a proud mommy of three beautiful children. Im new here and was wondering if i could maybe get some advice.
    My ten yr old is out of hand latley. Its getting hard physically, emotionaly, and mentaly to handle him anymore. I feel at my breaking point. Sometimes i even think to myself that it might be easier sending him to my moms to live. But im in fear that he would cause her stress. He doesn't want to listen. He does what he wants to. He talks and treats me like im dumb:(
    He picks on his two youger sisters. Constantly argues wity my partner and i.
    I feel like im stretching myself thin just to please him. While the rest of the family suffers. :(
    Does anyone have any advice?

• suziejax
    January 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

there is a book called new child by friday u might want to get and another one i just read the has worked wonders if u do what it says in the book consistantly called  how to unspoil your child fast by richard bromfield ph.d      a lot of folks go my child isn,t spoiled but from what u just said up there in your post ur kid has the classic signs . if you have a nook i can lend you my copy on ebook . i wish u well.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    January 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Ever consider that there may be underlining issues happening here? A smack is not the answer! I am not big on the whole counseling thing but sometimes there are issues that your children may need help with!

Quoting crystalplus1:

why counseling? Hes being a brat, he just needs to be reminded he is a child and that behavior is not acceptable. I would not do counselling when a swift smack on the rear will get him acting right for free.

Quoting Pammi86:

• theresaphilly
    January 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Quoting luvmybug:

How does he do in school? Maybe he could see the guidance counselor? *hugs*

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!