Featured Posts
Defiance
Support?
January 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
As the title says, I am just looking for support-mom to mom support. :) I am fairly new to this group-so I say Hello! To all you ladies. My name is Defiance, I am 20, have my little 2 yo rainbow baby girl. I am two and a half years out of an abusive relationship with my daughter's bio father. Now with a wonderful military man. =)
Anyways...I am getting my gallbladder removed tomorrow. 0_0 I am scared! Lol. Has anybody here had to get theirs removed? I know it is a fairly low chance of any complications, but I am so nervous. I have gone ahead and filled out the forms of who to talk to incase I cannot voice what I want-and absolute worst case scenario who I would have keep my daughter. Everything technicality wise is taken care of, where baby will be during the surgery, after, daycare, my work, my partner's work.... I am just incredibly nervous. About having it done. It is definately the best option I have right now, since all the alternatives are not working.
Any stories, advice, tips...ect. would be awesome! TIA.

Replies

• DixieFlower
    January 28, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I had my gallbladder taken out in 2003. It was done laporscopicly and was supposed to be an outpatient procedure. However, since my gallbladder was more inflamed than they first realized and I had a really bad reaction post op to anestesia they kept me overnight for observation. Everything was fine though.

• MamaMoopsie
    January 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM

The gallbladder removal is nothing to worry about, but it's okay if you do, I did too. Honestly, there's really nothing to it. The hardest part for me was taking it easy afterwards. I had a 6 year old SD and my then 6 week old daughter to take care. My husband helped when he was home but I was on my own all day every day.

The pain after surgery varies for every person. My husband was laid out for almost a week after his surgery. I was up and doing my normal stuff the next day (but three days later my mother came over and took over with my kids and sent me to bed.) My advice is just relax as much as possible and when recovering do as little as possible for the first two or three days. Good luck!

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Welcome, I have no experience with the surgery. I hope all goes well for you!

• Defiance
    January 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Thnak you all for your replies. =)

It went decent, minor complications, but still got out late late last night. :) My partner has been amazing. Still super sore, and takes focused effort to move, and finally stopped bleeding. Overall not a horrible experience.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN